ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fritts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 magnum 5.9
I have a 2000 ram 1500 5.9 360 4wd ext cab there is a ticking sound that im hearing and I can't find it I have looked at all the plugs and wires and it only ticks when I let off the gas pedal as soon as I push the gas again it stops anyone have any ideas on what this might be?

42alphaone3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 4x4
I have a 2000 ram 1500 5.9 360 4wd ext cab there is a ticking sound that im hearing and I can't find it I have looked at all the plugs and wires and it only ticks when I let off the gas pedal as soon as I push the gas again it stops anyone have any ideas on what this might be?
I had a similar issue, or at least that's the sound I described to a guy who referred me to a local muffler shop. The guy explained to me that the headers had a tendency to warp on one side and caused a "ticking" sound in some cases. He put it on the lift and did some work.....it no longer ticks. I don't know if that if that helps but it's worth checking. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

fritts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 magnum 5.9
Thanks for the advice i will check it out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk