trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

siegmund

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im a moderator on another site (weight) so i appolagize if i posted in the wrong catagory.

i have a 2012 5500 6.7 liter 4x4 of course quad ..
my truck went into limp mode. , the garage i use replaced the cylanoids in trans when they took to flash it the dealer said wont do no good .they flashed anyway and truck went right back into limp , they believe theres a cracked drum .. it bangs into gear ..like a high pressure line. .
excuse me im a mason/ blacktopper ...im not ignorant when it comes to turning wrenches , i done my own for many years but i am no mechanic. .by far so excuse me if i may sound confusing. ...

but evidently there saying i need a new trans. :(((
my garage says rebuilding is not worth it. , i have that truck.at 26,000. and 38000 combination not that ill ever pull no where near that i pull my trailer and paver that totals 16k.
the trans never slipped , never gave 1 sign of going. i was pulling my equipment all summer plowed the winter , i went out 1 morning last week fired it up left and bang went into limp mode and was banging into gear. ..so i take it trans gone 8k.

now here is whats confusing to me warranty is up , but i seen where chrysler is recalling 2012 to 2016 , for trans. ..my garage called a dealer (not my dealer i bought it ) but she told him mine is not covered ???why would that be. .im calling my dealer monday and giving it all i got. ..any ideas as to why mine wouldnt be covered im sorry i wrote a book here 1st post. but i did make a intro 1st. like i said im a mod else where. ty gentelman and ladies