Transmission fluid change.. best way to do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Also, what's y'alls opinion on tranny fluid additives? I've never used them but, the only reason im asking is because now that the truck has been tuned from a diablo sport tuner, the tranny shifts a lot firmer than before. I do plan to use Mobil One full synthetic tranny fluid but, just curious if there's an additive that works and does any good.

My 2 cents in most cases a waste of $$$$ The new fluids contain what the manufactures want! Never used any but alot of the additives out there are snake oil and the seller scores $$$ . BUT I would guess they are safe i? But would not trust them !

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Personally I would stay away from additives. Transmission fluids are carefully designed for the transmission they're going to be used in and by adding something else you may upset the careful balance. Additives have historically been used as a band aid to help an already ailing transmission that probably could've been prevented in the first place by proper maintenance.