what setup should i do to work under my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
i just want to take a look at my front end but i have a 6" lifted dodge with 37s..i have a heavy duty jack also..i just want to know the easiest way to prop the front end up to i can take a look at parts.

Cleave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a 6 inch lift you should be able to slide right under there unless you have a huge gut. No offense if that's the case.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From my understanding you can jack the front of the truck up with a floor jack at the cross member. I hope this is the case because I about to pull my front tires off and paint some of my lift components

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I jack mine up under the cross member in front. Works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you planning on taking the tires off? On all my IFS lowered crossmembed lifted type trucks I'll just put the 5 ton stands I have under the out most point on the front cross member, and tend to put the tires on their side under it where the frame rail is... kinda around the front seats just in case it falls.. the wheels will catch it and minimize the chance of being squashed like a bug

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah exactly i just want the tires off the ground to check components etc. thanks guys

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you planning on taking the tires off? On all my IFS lowered crossmembed lifted type trucks I'll just put the 5 ton stands I have under the out most point on the front cross member, and tend to put the tires on their side under it where the frame rail is... kinda around the front seats just in case it falls.. the wheels will catch it and minimize the chance of being squashed like a bug

That's a really good idea about putting the tires under there just in case

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a really good idea about putting the tires under there just in case
Old timer farmer taught it to me, mostly cause we'll use hi-lift jacks alot on wheel or tire repair on the smaller tractors... and anyone that has used one knows how sketchy they are.
Just something that stuck with me after seeing one fail and drop a tractor while fixing a planetary up front on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
...put the tires on their side under it where the frame rail is...

my old man was a mechanic and I think this is one of the first things my dad taught me as a kid when I was "helping" with his cars. nice to see he wasn't just a paranoid kook.

Sportman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my old man was a mechanic and I think this is one of the first things my dad taught me as a kid when I was "helping" with his cars. nice to see he wasn't just a paranoid kook.
This is also the first thing I was taught when woking on cars. Better safe than sorry!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk