TOTM Announcements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So a week ago I sent an email to TOTM registered members asking for hi-resolution pictures of your trucks. I think I have three now.

So there is so little participation that it looks like I will not be able to post TOTM winners on the Facebook cover picture. So now I'm looking for any TOTM registered trucks. You do not have to be a past winner. I will just randomly change the FB cover photo with one of the trucks registered for the TOTM contest.

If you would like to have your truck features on the RamForum.com Facebook page. Please send hi-resolution images (over 1000 pixels wide) to [email protected]. Please try to leave room around your truck so I can crop them to the size required by Facebook. Your truck must be registered for Truck of the Month to be eligible for the FB cover picture.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So there was an instance this month where a member won TOTM but had sold their truck. This month I'm just leaving it go, but future instances here are my thoughts.

If the truck has been sold or has changed categories because of mods, the truck will forfeit the contest and the 2nd winner will win the contest.

This hasn't happen yet, but in the case of a tie we will have a 3 day tie breaker vote to determine the winner.

I am also going to post the registrations and category lists under the Rules & Registration thread. This way you know where you're truck is listed and you are responsible for notifying me if you truck should be in a certain category.

Anyone have any concerns with these changes?

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm also contemplated removing the 6 month ban after winning the contest. I have a problem with winning a 4th Gen class then missing a Lifted Truck class.

I think the main thing is that the member is active on the forum. I'm thinking you are ineligible if you have not posted in 6 weeks. You will be put in an inactive list and can be reinstated by contacting me that you are back on the forum.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have removed the rule for not being eligible for 6 to 12 months if you've already one a contest. If people want to vote for your truck, so be it. I don't see how this helps make the contest better, maybe worse. Same trucks have already won numerous contests.

Still must be an active member here at the forum. To me this is the most important.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am starting to have a problem with this contest. Not so much the contest, but the way some people are using it for.

If you're nominating and voting because someone is you friend, you're missing the point of these contests. This is not a "who's cool" contest. You should be voting for the trucks on this forum, not the people that own them.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thank you guys for your patience last month. Finally all moved in.

I'll be sending an email shortly asking about diesel trucks. Please only respond if you want to be in this class. If there is enough trucks registered for "Diesel", there will be a new class for TOTM.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The new house is awesome. Have some work to get things the way we want, but love being out in the middle of nowhere. I only have 3 somewhat close neighbors, lol.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I purged the list for people not active on the forum. Anyone that had not posted since August was removed. Out with the old, in with the new. Something like that. :)

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have to apologize for not getting on here and updating the TOTM. I have had some family issues over the last month. I also have a busy work schedule this time of year. So I have little time online that isn't for work.

I am not going to get TOTM back up until March. This month is crazy busy and the list of TOTM contestants needs updated before I can run another. Thank you for understanding and I'll see you in March.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We really need to bring this back! It was such a great way to enjoy members trucks!