Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Member's Area > The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors

Back Country Ambush

This is a discussion on Back Country Ambush within the The Great Outdoors forums, part of the Member's Area category!
This happened to me and my boys three years ago. The guy finally got convicted so I can talk about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default Back Country Ambush
This happened to me and my boys three years ago. The guy finally got convicted so I can talk about it now. Bottom line people, don't go into the back country without being armed and ready to rock. The hunter and the two sons are me and my boys.
Man suspected of trying to rob pot farm | Local News | PE.com

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
******** ---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)
h2oman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Engine: 4.7
Wow crazy. Glad y'all were ok.
argray90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 5.7
Glad you were all okay. Just another reason I never go out even for a atv ride with out my handy dandy handgun. To many crazies out there.

In other news........ we all remember when KFC offered a "Hillary" meal, consisting of 2 small breasts and 2 large thighs. Now, KFC is offering the "Obama Cabinet Bucket". It consists of nothing but left wings and chicken shit.
colby81888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Greg

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 3.5 EcoBoost
Yikes! Scare sheet man!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

He got sentenced Monday. One year in jail with a strike and three years probation with a strike for any violation. He already has one so that would be three. And he has to buy me.new tires. Got to decide which ones I want.

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
******** ---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)
Old 11-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 5.7
Id go with some run flats or a nice kevlar laced tire. Just tell them you are paranoid he will do it again outta spite score one for the good guys

In other news........ we all remember when KFC offered a "Hillary" meal, consisting of 2 small breasts and 2 large thighs. Now, KFC is offering the "Obama Cabinet Bucket". It consists of nothing but left wings and chicken shit.
colby81888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 6.7L Diesel Cummins
Wow, glad that you and your son are okay now, you can never be too cautions. I try to carry as often as I can but it look like that he had the drop on you because of the shotgun.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013 Power Wagon
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
I think I know exactly where that is... doesn't that trail # run from up in Lytle Creek across over up by Silverwood Lake?

Used to 'wheel and ride all over the place out there. It has always been sketchy. Much more so before the "US" festival and the massive expansion of residential building in the decades following.

I believe a couple SBSO Deputies were led up there and ambushed and killed by a fleeing Bank Robber back in the early '80s. The jokers even shot up or perhaps downed the LEO Helecopter that was responding as back up as well.

Thus, they briefly considered arming them like Huey's from 'Nam.

Friggin San Berdoooo. Glad I finally moved out here to UT/AZ. A whole different scene, where fellow outdoorsman are sure to be armed, yet always of good nature and helpful. Definitely not always looking over my shoulder or weary of "traps" out here.

"Original Power Wagon" - Former U.S. Dept. Reclamation rig used to build Glen Cyn. Dam
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 35's with all the goodies to help it keep up with the Power Wagon.
Brakelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

That is the exact spot. I too am working on moving to Nevada to get outta here.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013 Power Wagon
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Outstanding! Being a California resident for everything but a brief hop about the States while in the Army, I expected a change. I just didn't know how nice, refreshing and uplifting it would have turned out to be.

It sure is incredible country out here... any time I pass through the North end of Vegas heading up, it is like a whole new world opens up. Both in scenery and in a mental shift of those around.

I feel depressed and dirty every time I am forced to drive back down. The closer I get, headed South, the worse it gets.

Make no mistake, the beauty can come at a cost... it really is rugged country. 117 Deg and Monsoons when moving out last August, and I woke to 14 Deg temps on my patio this morning.

But, it is BY FAR an acceptable change. Rather deal with Mother Nature, than Humanity's worst. And, I find it a fun, exciting challenge to learn the new geography, weather patterns and social boundaries and proper courtesies in all the little out of the way places, whether it be due to religion (LDS / Fundamentalist spots, or the way of the Navajo out here on the nearby Reservation lands) or by grouping of similarly financial status.

But make no mistake, off any main roadway, it does not take far to be completely off the grid and introduced as part of natures "food chain". Just 20 minutes down a secondary dirt road, and you can die of heat exhaustion, exposure or any number of issues. This land does not tolerate fools or the unprepared. Once you come to terms with that, and with half a brain and an open mind, the rest is all good!

"Original Power Wagon" - Former U.S. Dept. Reclamation rig used to build Glen Cyn. Dam
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 35's with all the goodies to help it keep up with the Power Wagon.
Brakelate is offline   Reply With Quote