Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Member's Area > The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors

Love My Job

This is a discussion on Love My Job within the The Great Outdoors forums, part of the Member's Area category!
I'm a water quality nerd. As one of my duties I monitor water quality in our marsh and in urban ...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default Love My Job
I'm a water quality nerd. As one of my duties I monitor water quality in our marsh and in urban runoff ponds. Recently my boss asked some of the guys to move some fish to another pond. They failed miserably to collect any fish. So, he asked me. I don't know what the other guys were using or how they tried to capture the fish but I just simple brought me fly rod from home. Anyway, now I get paid to fish on the job. Life is good.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
******** ---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)
h2oman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2010
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
That sounds like on awesome job sir!

Is that a carp? Lol

Old 09-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yep. They are carp. Trash fish. I swear I feel like I need a shower after catching them. But they are insanely powerful beasts. The bigger one spooled me twice. As soon as he would see the net he would fly.

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
******** ---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)

Last edited by h2oman; 09-14-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd rather be fishing period..... Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
unkalj likes this.

Mods: Westin 4" oval platinum series nerf bars, RanchHand grill guard, pro comp off road lights, 2.5" HBS level, K&N drop in filter, 20x9 XD Spy -12 offset, smittybuilt smart over, 2 12" jbl subs
lone12star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2010
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
Yep. They are carp. Trash fish. I swear I feel like I need a shower after catching them. But they are insanely powerful beasts. The bigger one spooled me twice. As soon as he would see the net he would fly.
Thought so, they are much bigger up here aha. Unless that one is a little one. Yes they are trash fish, bottom suckers.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1996
Engine: 5.2 5 Speed
But they are insanely powerful beasts. .
Lol Funny but true!

LED Cluster and Dome, Moonvisor, Extang Full Tilt Tonneau, Bed Armor Interior Floor, Kenwood Audio, Pacesetter Shorties, 285'S, Super Tach 2, 14x3 Edelbrock Cleaner, Flowmaster.
PotterCountyRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

So, we have an invasive species problem in one of our ponds. African clawed frogs. So, my manager says go put some bass in there. So, got payed to go bass fishing today. Check out this monster.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Name: Ryan

Ram Year: 2013 sport
Engine: 5.7
Now that sounds like a fun job. Carp are fun to catch, love taking my little guy over to the park pond and fish for carp and catfish. Every now and then you get a massive carp on that gives you a hell of a fight.

2013 RAM 1500 SPORT - Let the modding begin.... Again
truckin151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7L
So, we have an invasive species problem in one of our ponds. African clawed frogs. So, my manager says go put some bass in there. So, got payed to go bass fishing today. Check out this monster.
Aren't Bass a non-native fish in So. Cal? I seem to remember the greenies trying to sterilize lakes a few years back because big mouths were imported.

2012 RAM 1500 Sport CC 4X4 in True Blue Pearl Coat S&B CAI; BT Catch Can; Magnaflow 24" (Mufflex), Moe's 5" Exhaust Tips, Tonneau Pro 3-Fold; Ionic 3" Nerfs; 3:55 LSD; 430N; RAM Bed Liner; Dee Zee Tailgate Assist; Cabin Air Filter Mod.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Correct. Not native but have been here for 100 years now.