Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Member's Area > The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors

Pressure Washer advice

This is a discussion on Pressure Washer advice within the The Great Outdoors forums, part of the Member's Area category!
Hi to all . I'm in the market for a pressure washer . I've borrowed pressure washers over the years ...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Ram Year: 2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Default Pressure Washer advice
Hi to all .
I'm in the market for a pressure washer . I've borrowed pressure washers over the years and now I just want my own .

I'll be using it for household use only , primarily for pressure washing the house , sidewalks , vehicles and decks for prep for a restaining job.

I've got a buddy that swears by his Troybuilt 3,100 psi with a Honda one pull start motor from Lowe's for $399.00

Thanks for any advice .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
nateinva likes this.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
R.L.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Ram Year: 2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine: 5.7L
Originally Posted by R.L.K. View Post
Hi to all .
I'm in the market for a pressure washer . I've borrowed pressure washers over the years and now I just want my own .

I'll be using it for household use only , primarily for pressure washing the house , sidewalks , vehicles and decks for prep for a restaining job.

I've got a buddy that swears by his Troybuilt 3,100 psi with a Honda one pull start motor from Lowe's for $399.00

Thanks for any advice .

I got the cheapo $200 electric from Lowe's. lol

It has worked great for 4 years for all the above tasks.

2011 1500 Laramie Crew Cab - Brilliant Black with Pebble Beige/Bark Brown Interior | Debadged | K&N CAI with Moe's 87mm TB | 180 tstat and efan conversion | Flowmaster Super 44 with Moe's 5" Tips | Diablo i2, Jay Greene 93 Tune | RAM Box Storage with Bedrug and BakFlip F1 Cover | 2.5" Front Level | Kanati Trail Hogs LT2756520 with 1.5" Hub-centric Spacers | Tyger Auto Pocket Flares | Rampage Slim Step Bars | LEDs in the interior and OPT7 Tailgate Light Bar | DT Moto projector headlights, Morimoto LED projector fogs, LED tails and 3rd brake
nateinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Thanks for your input sir !

Old 05-23-2017, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Big Horn
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I also got an electric 1800 psi. It's nice because you don't have to worry about keeping up the gas engine (I already have too many of those). Just not as much power. All about what you need it for. Mine is just for washing the house mainly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
R.L.K. likes this.
BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 6.4
Hi to all .

Thanks for any advice .

I'm on my third pressure washer. First was an electric. Karcher, I believe. Just not powerful enough for anything other than writing your name in cursive on stained concrete.

Next was a Craftsman gasser with a Briggs. Ran great. I always winterize and maintain my equipment properly, but the pump went bad after two seasons of light use. The pump was not rebuildable and cost 75% of a new pw.

Not wanting to replay that one, I did much research before buying the next one. After much ado, I settled on a 3400 psi Dewalt with the Honda motor. The deciding factor for me was that the pump is a light duty commercial unit that is fully rebuildable and has been on the market for years. It wasn't cheap, but I didn't want or need another $400 boat anchor.

The older I get, the more I realize that you really do get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
R.L.K. likes this.

Last edited by Rampant; 05-24-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Thanks for your input as well Sir .

Honestly I didn't expect to hear of any electric pressure washers 😆
Very interesting .

The least psi I've ever used was a 2400 psi and I thought it was a bit unerpowered .

My house is two stories with 10' ceilings inside . The backside of the house at the apex is about 30 feet and my ladder is only 22 feet so I'm thinking I'll need high pressure and maybe even an extention for the wand .

Old 05-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Supporting Member

@ Rampant , where did you purchase the Dewalt pressure washer Sir ?

A couple years ago I rented a pressure washer for a weekend , I do remember it had a Honda Motor and was rated @ 3,400 max psi ....this is when I decided on the pressure I wanted when I purchased one .

Old 05-24-2017, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 6.4
@ Rampant , where did you purchase the Dewalt pressure washer Sir ?

A couple years ago I rented a pressure washer for a weekend , I do remember it had a Honda Motor and was rated @ 3,400 max psi ....this is when I decided on the pressure I wanted when I purchased one .

I bought it last summer at Home Depot. Its model number DXPW3425 with the GX200 Honda. I got it on sale for $549 minus 10% mil discount. It currently sells here in VA for $599.

Each part of the pump is replaceable for a fair price and parts are available from many different sources. In my opinion, you can't go wrong between that and the Honda motor.

I also found the hose it came with to be of much higher quality and more flexible than my other two.

My house is also around 30' at it's peak and it works great for that. You can also adjust the flow on the pump, which is nice. I believe it's the same pump they use on the smaller Simpson Commercial units.

I have the big round and the 5 nozzle concrete cleaners. My last pw was a little anemic with the 5 nozzle. I had to go slow or I would get "striping" in some areas, only evident after it dried, of course. This thing has no issues blasting through anything I've thrown at it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
R.L.K. likes this.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Yep , I'm planning on going to Lowe's & Home Depot @ exit 7 in Bristol ,VA tomorrow after work .
In Va I save on sales tax over Tn. And if I purchase at Lowe's I get 10% off for military veteran discount .

I think i found the one you got ?
I just read several reviews ...seems other folks like theirs as well as you do 😆

Old 05-24-2017, 12:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Are the tires air ups or solid never Flats ?