Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Member's Area > The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors

Snow Recovery

This is a discussion on Snow Recovery within the The Great Outdoors forums, part of the Member's Area category!
I usuallyget excited around this time of year...snow season...lol. I am stationed in the Pentagon area so ppl around here ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Anthony

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 345ci Hemi
Default Snow Recovery
I usuallyget excited around this time of year...snow season...lol. I am stationed in the Pentagon area so ppl around here usually hold money out the window to get you to pull em out. I had a fellow Soldier get taken to small claims court for being a good samaritan because he damaged the bumper on a subaru he pulled out. My question to ya'll is do any of yall have a contract ya'll use to protect yourself? its sad ppl sue a good samaritan who just wants to help.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

* Vararam * 90mm TB * Crazy Spartan Cam * 6.1 Springs/Pushrods * LT Headers/3in Y-pipe * 3in Bullet Cats * JT3030 * 93 Octane Tune * 4:56 Gears * Auburn LSD * 3K Stall * Sharadon Stage III Valve Body * Traction Bars * Flexalite 183 * HD Oil Cooler * HD Trans Cooler * HD Radiator * 180 Stat * Nitrous (150 Shot)
Budakane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Don't eat the yellow snow……….

JK - It couldn't hurt if you're taking money from someone to get them to sign something that simply states it is at their own risk.

I'll bet if their car gets damaged they will call their insurance company. That's where you'll have a problem most likely.
Budakane likes this.
NYCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I luckily have has no issues, as I am pretty experienced in this, but definitely think I will keep a clipboard and some sort of contract in my truck, but wil that hold up in court?

* Vararam * 90mm TB * Crazy Spartan Cam * 6.1 Springs/Pushrods * LT Headers/3in Y-pipe * 3in Bullet Cats * JT3030 * 93 Octane Tune * 4:56 Gears * Auburn LSD * 3K Stall * Sharadon Stage III Valve Body * Traction Bars * Flexalite 183 * HD Oil Cooler * HD Trans Cooler * HD Radiator * 180 Stat * Nitrous (150 Shot)
Old 12-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't worry about a contract documenting payment, as your gonna get that in cash I would imagine. More just a release that says they are directing you to free their vehicle (describe the vehicle) and are aware that there could be a risk of damage that you are not responsible for. Maybe ask a lawyer or your insurance broker about it? I know that there is a difference between being a "good Samaritan" and charging a fee. Not sure if the fee implies liability or subjects you to licensing requirements like a tow truck. Licensed tow guys may complain about losing work.
Budakane likes this.

Last edited by NYCruiser; 12-14-2014 at 09:39 PM.
NYCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

That actually makes a lot of sense. I never actually charger anyone, but I noticed the higher end BMW/Audi cars/SUVS i pull out always hand me cash. Gonna contact JAG and see what we can come up with, thanks so much !!!

Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Why the yellow? I can't read it on my phone. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Budakane and usaf2006 like this.
Esgordon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine: 6.7 CTD / 4G63
i would not mention the money part at all, as stated that implies you are providing a "service" for a fee more or less. Just a paper stating that you are pulling them out and there is no liability on you if said vehicle is damaged. It should be all free of charge, but if they want to "tip" or "donate" to you then so be it. but keep that part off the records.

I used to live in the mountains of colorado and had a lifted Jeep XJ and i would keep my tow strap, some cat litter, and a small shovel in my jeep just incase i had to pull someone out. I pulled out a few friends and people driving like idiots.

I once had a UPS truck rear end me sliding down my driveway haha, not bad at all just a little tap more or less but it was funny and he was super sorry.

2014StormTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Cody

Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Let them pay a tow truck, not worth the hassle for a couple dollars.
Merc225hp likes this.

New Here? Introduce yourself here - Click here to become a Supporting Member - Check out our Preferred Vendors!
Stangshcky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: 5.7L
Its hard to forego the pleasure of pulling some ignorant greenie in his little hybrid clown car out of an inch of snow.
Budakane and regularcab2500 like this.

2012 RAM 1500 Sport CC 4X4 in True Blue Pearl Coat S&B CAI; BT Catch Can; Magnaflow 24" (Mufflex), Moe's 5" Exhaust Tips, Tonneau Pro 3-Fold; Ionic 3" Nerfs; 3:55 LSD; 430N; RAM Bed Liner; Dee Zee Tailgate Assist; Cabin Air Filter Mod.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Cody

Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Doesn't mean you can't point and laugh as you drive by
Budakane likes this.

New Here? Introduce yourself here - Click here to become a Supporting Member - Check out our Preferred Vendors!
Stangshcky12 is offline   Reply With Quote