13+ Headlight Harness and HID kit installed, have concerns..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I recently installed the 13+ Wire harness with my TYC projectors along with the HID kit from Retro Shop and have a couple questions / issues..

On the Wire Harness, the main large plug that goes into the lights themselves plugged and snapped right in but one of the small plugs (on each side) for the turn signal i think was extremely hard to get pushed into the connector. I noticed that once it pushed on, it broke loose 2 of the pins on the retroshop harness and it did this on both sides. While they they are on tight now, if I were to pull them out the pins are going to get ripped out of the retroshop harness and be stuck in the factory connector. Anyone else have this issue and should I get a replacement harness set?

Also, with the bulbs themselves.. is it possible to install them into the light housing incorrectly? I have 1 beam that looks good and another that has a strange light scatter and i'm thinking that I put the blub in with that brown ceramic piece facing the wrong way?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT:

and to everyone reading this, please know that i'm not at all knocking the products from JJ at all. He offers some great stuff!! These issues likely due to my lack of knowledge around these things lol..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You shouldn't have to pull those connections apart for any reason so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm pretty sure that the hid bulbs can only go in one way. But jj should chime in sometime today

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

vinstang67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 6.4 bed
Engine
The female of the plug is not exactly ring on the center so I adjusted the pin slightly when I did mine.
If the kit is working, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the light patterns, I am guessing the passenger side is what you have a shadow (of the brown piece).

The bulb goes in one way so my passenger side was throwing the shadow on mine.
What I did was that I loosen up the bulb retaining ring, then turned the bulb where I wanted (had the brown piece bottom), & re-tighten the ring.

OP
OP
I

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The female of the plug is not exactly ring on the center so I adjusted the pin slightly when I did mine.
If the kit is working, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the light patterns, I am guessing the passenger side is what you have a shadow (of the brown piece).

The bulb goes in one way so my passenger side was throwing the shadow on mine.
What I did was that I loosen up the bulb retaining ring, then turned the bulb where I wanted (had the brown piece bottom), & re-tighten the ring.

That's exactly what i'm seeing but its on my drivers side bulb. I will take it out when I get a chance and adjust it like you mentioned.

As for the harness issue... I think i'm gonna order another one and keep it aside as a "just in case".

OP
OP
I

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my issues with the lights taken care of so I thought id put up a picture with the TYC's and the 50w 6000k HID kit. Very happy with the cutoff on these projectors :)

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 134