2013+ Ram Black (sport) bihalogen lights - sale this weekend only!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found these Morimoto 90mm's online for $50/pair

Morimoto XB LED Angel Eyes - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc

I "think" they are similar to ones Pigeonman used

Yup. That's where I got mine but they were the previous generation ones that I got from the clearance section. I'll have to see how they hold up to the cold I guess. Never thought to ask or look into how they hold up to temperature.

I wired mine to the side marker lights. Wish I'd taken the time to hook them up to the amber daytime running lights tho. When I turn them on manually when it's light out the dash and radio get too dim to read the radio even when I turn the lights up as high as possible.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yup. That's where I got mine but they were the previous generation ones that I got from the clearance section. I'll have to see how they hold up to the cold I guess. Never thought to ask or look into how they hold up to temperature.

I wired mine to the side marker lights. Wish I'd taken the time to hook them up to the amber daytime running lights tho. When I turn them on manually when it's light out the dash and radio get too dim to read the radio even when I turn the lights up as high as possible.

Now THIS is exactly why I shy away from mods like this lol.
I get by okay on mechanical stuff, but wiring/electrical not so much.

I better just leave them stock, maybe lamin-x them a shade darker, to hide the chrome
MGRAM did his Wife's 14' (and the fogs) turned out pretty nice.

laminex_zps19386be6.jpg

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

I was too for a long time. Always had my good friend do any electrical stuff.
But after doing a few radio installs and really the amount I spent on doing the one in my RAM. I'm pretty comfortable with it and it's very hard to mess something up.

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L

Wiring to the DRLs though.....well, the DRLs don't send full power, so you'd need a relay harness. Thanks Dodge.....PITA.

:favorites13:

Emailing you directly now. I think this is going to be my next big investment for the truck.

Perhaps the only guy with Chrome FX-R's? :)

Oh I've probably done 10-20 chrome FXRs :)

Will be back in email in a few here! Swimmin' in that fun!

I better just leave them stock, maybe lamin-x them a shade darker, to hide the chrome
MGRAM did his Wife's 14' (and the fogs) turned out pretty nice.

laminex_zps19386be6.jpg

that doesn't look bad.......though I had a better idea for her. LOL

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Mike - I'll nab your email here in a few, at the day job now.........yippie......(bleh)

On the halos, those are the ones we use, from TRS. I am not sure what version was on yours.....they've gone through a few revisions. The new ones with the aluminum backs......should have a much better lifespan. But, to be honest, I'm kinda moving more towards the RGB halos on most of my builds lately. Get any color you want, and its the smd tech....older tech, but seems to be more stable. I have a slick setup coming soon that will blow your freakin' minds. :)

Cool. Put me on the list JJ when your up for it. I'd love to see what you've got cooking. I don't mind being the guinea pig. Love to get my halos back.

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have RGBs available now. The ones I'm getting ready to throw on will be on some '13s. Gonna be slick!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine

Wired mine up to my parking lamps. No issues for me, but mine are a quad set up.

My truck never gets in the garage. Not sure it would've made a difference to the halo's. -40 plus wind on the front isn't going to help.

Can't wait to see what JJ's thinking of.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I have RGBs available now. The ones I'm getting ready to throw on will be on some '13s. Gonna be slick!

Nice. Post some pictures up if you get a chance.

If you can, send me a price and when you think you might be able to do them. I know you busy for the next few weeks. No rush.

Not sure on color as it might clash with my switchbacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam