Added LED tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I loved the Sport LED tails, finally bit the bullet and ordered a set from Retroshop.

Man what a HUGE change....easy install with the plug and play harness. Took more time finding tools!

Note, best to pre-drill the rear wall behind the taillight, even self tapping screws were too tough. That's some thick walled material.

I will get pics today after I wash truck at lunch.

LOVE the lights and harness JJ, another top notch product!
:favorites13:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are those the OEM tails? and which harness? I have thought of swapping mine too. Do they use your original reverse light? I have reverse LED bulbs now that I like and would hope to reuse them.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Are those the OEM tails? and which harness? I have thought of swapping mine too. Do they use your original reverse light? I have reverse LED bulbs now that I like and would hope to reuse them.

Its the kit from Retroshop. It comes with OEM Mopar Sport tinted tails. And 4 resistors and the harness. Pull the factory tails out, and predrill the 4 holes to mount two resistors behind each light. Mount them, and mount the grounds off them. Then one plug comes off those to the harness supplied by Retroshop. The two factory plugs plug into the new harness, and it plugs into the new tails. So you don't reuse old bulbs, they are all inside the new tails.
But talk about brighter...wow...much better, sleeker look too.

I literally spent more time getting tools together than getting these setup.
Looks OEM.

Here is the kit, just use the drop down box to note Sport, and 13+

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=13-.Tail.Kit

Forgot to get shots last night, had a business dinner, then Thunder basketball game was on :D