Extremely annoyed at retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
I asked them the specific kit for my truck 2014 ram 2500. Well today went to install them and they shut off with any wiggle in the wire or after about 20 seconds. So annoyed worst part is I don't want a refund I just want a remedy. Boils down to though don't always just listen to someone from retro telling you they will work. I have quad lights. Now if someone gives me a fix or they quickly resolve the issue then I will praise them. As of now i suggest not to order anything. Just my opinion.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
And what option has RetroShop been provided by you to resolve the problem?

sarvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you talking about a HID kit ?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If they shut off by wiggling the wire you more then likely just have a bad connecting, i had a plug where the pins werent lining up properly and when connecting the plug one pin would actually push the other pin/wire slightly out of the plug. Pull the plugs apart, check the depths of all the pins, push on wites to make sure eveverything is fully seated and reconnect plugs and either pay close attention to the wires to make sure they are not being pushed out or connect them while holding the wires instead of the plugs to ensure best connection

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Logan........first off, I'm sorry you are having an issue with the HID kit!!

Sorry I wasn't around my computer for the last hour......when you emailed, texted and left a voicemail, then.......took it to the forums...

I get frustration, but.....please Logan - understand that I'm a 1 man show, and I do have a family that I attempt to spend time with outside of business hours.

I will reply to your email here in a few minutes, but.....it certainly sounds like it could be the H11 socket, if its not creating a solid connection there - it can exhibit the issues we are seeing. I'll send an email to follow up.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Poor form to come on the forum and blast a vendor if they haven't been given a chance to warrantee their product or help resolve your issue.

Amen, JJ will always help anyone and never leave someone.

To me, this got me;
Now if someone gives me a fix or they quickly resolve the issue then I will praise them. As of now i suggest not to order anything. Just my opinion

Not good. Like a tantrum.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regarding my hid kit I got from jj....I've pulled those sum_itches in and out of my headlights more times than I can count. Swapped h13 bulbs with h1's and everything has been flawless.

Jj answered my text literally in minutes when I've had questions.

Give the dude a chance to fix the issue.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Safe to say that this is an isolated case. Go to their site and call/text Jeremy's number listed there; he walked me literally step by step via text through my projector light upgrade from quads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. I called Jeremy so many times for assistance, I thought he would start answering the phone by saying, "yes, Jack?" :)

OP
OP
U

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
You guys are right and I apologize Jeremy. Being a one man show has to be hard. I was just very upset because after I got off work I couldn't wait to put them in. I've been working out of town for the last month and that makes me cranky lol. I missed dinner with my parents because I had my headlights out and the grill removed on my truck. I am not wanting a refund just want to know why they won't stay on and fix the issue. I did try the other wire harnesses and ballistic etc to make sure it wasn't just one side.

OP
OP
U

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 107

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jeremy is awesome, I had a pain in the ass problem with one of my bulbs going out. He walked me through how to troubleshoot my problem and we finally singled out the problem and he sent me replacement part no cost.

OP
OP
U

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks lol. Jeremy has got up with me and been super awesome! Especially after what I said. Retro shop is on it!

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
JJ is prety awesome. When i was doing my retro on my spyder lights, i needed some brackets, and he answered the phone, and even though he didnt have the parts i needed, he pointed me in the right direction.

That is a HUGE part of why i just spent a good chunk of change on lights with him. He knows his stuff and never seems to leave anyone hanging.

Hope you get your lights working and all set soon!

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And that's why everybody on here goes with JJ.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jeremy is a professional reliable man/vendor. Ive bought items from him and if I have any random question regarding lights he is straight up and gives me the correct answer.