HID Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

off-kilter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I hope you can help me with this. I sent an email to Jeremy, but no response yet. I installed the mopar relay kit and HID low beams on my 2014 Outdoorsman with quads and am getting the low beam out message in the EVIC for what looks like the passenger side. The wiring harness came with a resistor for the drivers side, but not passenger side. Do both sides need resistors to prevent the message?

Sorry for the dumb question, but wiring and electricity are usually not my friends. Thanks in advance.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
shot you back an email this morning - sorry was out at a wedding yesterday afternoon / evening.

There should be 2 resistors in the box.......one attached to the harness, the other separate. The separate one goes to the pass side.

OP
OP
O

off-kilter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Jeremy. That's what I thought after I found a couple of your videos on YouTube. The lights themselves are working awesome! The installer wasn't the sharpest pencil in the pocket protector though.

OP
OP
O

off-kilter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update on this. The headlights worked fine after the install of the other resistor.
There were problems with the foglights that bugged us for a couple of weeks. First, the foglights were throwing a low beam out message at the EVIC, and the passenger side was blinking. The end fixes for the problems were a new ballast for the blinking side and the mopar harness to fix the low beam out message at the EVIC. Canbus adapters did not work on my 2014 foglights.

Through it all, Jeremy was absolutely professional and supportive through troubleshooting and supplying ideas and parts until we got it right.

The only complaint I have is on the mopar harness as received for the foglights. During the install, a wire on the driver's side ballast came completely out of the relay. After cutting into the relay shrinkwrap to troubleshoot, the other end of the wire and shrinkwrapped connector fell out. Neither end of the connector was crimped from the supplier.

Overall, the system is working well after spending a couple of weeks of troubleshooting and trying different parts out. It was a lot more work than expected, and receiving both a bad ballast and bad harness has me a little worried on the long term reliability.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
glad you got it figured out! i am using the canbus adapters on both my headlights (sport projectors) and my fog lights with no problems.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I'm still scratching my head on the fogs.......never had one do what yours did......

I truly think these trucks have a mind of their own!

OP
OP
O

off-kilter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep. I sure did learn a whole heck of a lot on this one though. Everything's been running solid for the last couple of weeks now; no issues. Happy for that!