New Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
All you will need are ballest and wire harness jj should chime in soon he will have everything you need to get them going its ashame the original owner left the ccfl in there

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are awesome bro! They're gonna totally change the look of your front end! Can't wait to see em...

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I've never had a set of those in my hands, so I need a little info.

If I'm right in what the wiring is on those it has a H13 plug that then splits inside to trigger the solenoid on the projector, and the other end connects to a standard plug to a HID harness?

If so, you have 2 options:
Canbus adapaters - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CB.Adapter
H11 Mopar Harness - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Mop.Harn

Whats the difference? The adapters just plug in, click click done. The full harness is connected to the battery, has grounds for each ballast, etc. Both work great, just depends on your preference on what you nab there.

Ballasts:
35W - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3Five
50W - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5Five

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All you will need are ballest and wire harness jj should chime in soon he will have everything you need to get them going its ashame the original owner left the ccfl in there

CCFL is that the halo ring?

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never had a set of those in my hands, so I need a little info.

If I'm right in what the wiring is on those it has a H13 plug that then splits inside to trigger the solenoid on the projector, and the other end connects to a standard plug to a HID harness?

If so, you have 2 options:
Canbus adapaters - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CB.Adapter
H11 Mopar Harness - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Mop.Harn

Whats the difference? The adapters just plug in, click click done. The full harness is connected to the battery, has grounds for each ballast, etc. Both work great, just depends on your preference on what you nab there.

Ballasts:
35W - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3Five
50W - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5Five

Ok Seller should be shipping them out today and its honestly my first time with HID's so I am like you I will need to have them in hand before I know much more.
Now whats the difference between 35w and 55w output. What I do know is I want a white light so staying around 5k color and I would like to be able to drive around without the fogs on at night lol. I will have to take a look at the harnesses over lunch as for some reason I can't see your site on my work PC.
Thanks so far and I am sure I will be picking your brain some more down the road.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Ok Seller should be shipping them out today and its honestly my first time with HID's so I am like you I will need to have them in hand before I know much more.
Now whats the difference between 35w and 55w output. What I do know is I want a white light so staying around 5k color and I would like to be able to drive around without the fogs on at night lol. I will have to take a look at the harnesses over lunch as for some reason I can't see your site on my work PC.
Thanks so far and I am sure I will be picking your brain some more down the road.

when you get 'em in, shoot me a pic of the wiring (email is best!)

35 vs 50 - 50s are 20% more output. 5K / 50w combo is killer, its what I run on. I don't use my fogs......

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Absolutely and that's what I'm looking for just bright so I can see the ditches around here.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So why is it bad to have the halo in there? and yeah its not the ditches themselves its the deer that wander out that I get worried about lol.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
So why is it bad to have the halo in there? and yeah its not the ditches themselves its the deer that wander out that I get worried about lol.

oh no not bad to have the halo was just saying was curious if he switched out the projector why he left the original halo in there had those in my spyder not very bright but the hid's will make up for that

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
you every try those deer whistles you mount on your front end i had them in jersey seemed to work good

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh gotcha yeah I just got done reading one of your threads on them and we will see what they look like I guess. If I don't like them hey I have the stockers I can pull apart and paint also.
Yeah tried the deer whistles back when I was in highschool and deer around here just look at you like you are crazy trying to scare them off lol.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh gotcha yeah I just got done reading one of your threads on them and we will see what they look like I guess. If I don't like them hey I have the stockers I can pull apart and paint also.
Yeah tried the deer whistles back when I was in highschool and deer around here just look at you like you are crazy trying to scare them off lol.

lol was not sure if they still made them thats when i used them was in high school after i hit a deer

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly they do stay away much more after I did my exhaust. Man the wolf's pee might work lol.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can you get the smell of burned black powder in a can? That'll settle your buck problem. Course, it can't replace the real thing: see deer, POW!, shoot deer.

Dead Bambi's don't wreck trucks. :crazy:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Those deer are "gangsta"! Do they flash like a gang sign or anything when you drive by?! Lol!

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those deer are "gangsta"! Do they flash like a gang sign or anything when you drive by?! Lol!

Yeah they kinda do with their ears. The really creepy thing is when you come up on them in a field and there are 50 of them staring at you.

Chris_2914

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are gonna look sick. Anyone happen to know where I could find projectors like that for my 06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk