Painted Tow Mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JJ, I noticed that you have painted tow mirrors. Could you provide advice as to how you did it and anything special needed to do them?

Thanks again for the HID kits, they're AWESOME.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
It was simple man! I took the mirrors off, handed to my painter and said "do work" LOL

In all seriousness though, prep is key. I didn't have him smooth mine, I kinda like the texture on the mirrors. But, a good adhesion promotor (primer) then base / clear. Then.....if you are like me......run it down the house a few times to screw it up really nice LOL (still need to find time to get 'em reshot......d'oh)

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was simple man! I took the mirrors off, handed to my painter and said "do work" LOL

In all seriousness though, prep is key. I didn't have him smooth mine, I kinda like the texture on the mirrors. But, a good adhesion promotor (primer) then base / clear. Then.....if you are like me......run it down the house a few times to screw it up really nice LOL (still need to find time to get 'em reshot......d'oh)

Hahaha. That works! I've already clipped mine on the garage... Ugh.

I just wasn't sure if folding them would mess up the paint or if there were any clearance issues.

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel