Well crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My first attempt at putting HID's in my truck was a big fail. I hooked everything up which was I thought the right way but app wrinkly not. When I turn my headlights on it acts like it wants to come on then nothing. Dash says my headlight is out. What did I do?

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Grounds? Did you drill out new ones and grind off the paint good? Maybe send JJ an email. He's pretty good about getting back quickly.

Maybe double check your connections. Some of them will go in both ways. Can't remember which one it is but there is one that you want to make sure the black wires match up.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I didn't get the full wiring harness. I got the canbus system so no grounds. And yes I think all the connections are good they all lock in place. And black wires lined up.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. Strange. I just did mine with the CANBUS harness as well with no problems. I think they can only go together one way.

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yea it's weird it's like it comes on for a split second the shuts off.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My passenger side did that this morning while I was leaving for work. Tried turning it off auto to on bad still nothing. But by the time I got to work it was on again. Weird. I have the Mopar Spec relay harness that the kit came with still. Might have to swap it out if the problem gets worse?

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yea I thought maybe If u left it on for awhile it would come on but it never did. I only have one side done. I won't do the other side until I get the issue figured out lol. Did your truck give u the headlight out message?

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. I looked as soon as I saw that the light was out and no message at all. Wonder if you got a bad ballast. Maybe try swapping it out with the other one?

Did you have as much fun as I did trying to stuff everything in the headlight casing?...

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I tried a different ballast as well as different canbus. Still did the exact same thing. And yea stuffing everything back in was a pain. But not terrible. How did you get that connector through the 7/8" hole in the dust cover?

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't. Stuffed everything inside the housing. CANBUS, ballast and all the wiring...:party36:

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And it all fit!? I'm doing that if I get it working. The thing that worries me is the 2 bare wires the plug into the oem connector. I'm worried they are going to fall out

OP
OP
J

Jbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Figured it out. Had a bad bulb.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured it out. Had a bad bulb.

Awsome! Yeah it all fits. You have to disconnect the high beam wires and twist the bulb sideways,, then stuff in the CANBUS harness along the narrow gap. The ballast goes in the same space as the one in JJ's video and all the extra wire gets stuffed anywhere you can. Once it's all in there is no extra room for anything and you'll need to use the bolts to synch everything down.... It ain't pretty but it'll fit.

Don't remember any bare wires...?