8.4 (RAX) Jailbreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilredRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes it's still available. I bought a part of their kit this summer. Just google "RAX Jailbreak Ram".

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks i did find it.How do you like it looks great!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I use coastal electronics lockpick Air v2. I just needed one of the cameras from the RAX folks...

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
hell to the yes! the ability to use google maps is the answer to my prayers! only issue is...i wonder what that does to your data plan since its wifi based....

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesomesauce BUMP!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Customtronix has released a new mirroring device called Jailbreaker Connect.
New features and updates are always distributed on demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR9gA2THTL4
Glad to see CustomTronix having a presence here at the site. Welcome!

anyone know if we could get this system in the states? or if yall know anything similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Nk8IsRGWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hSZxRKMVcM

I think that CarPerformanceSe android box that requires you to crack open your 8.4 radio to install a touch controller behind the screen is crap. Last thing I want is a very outdated android OS (ie 4.0) running on my radio.

If there is a software update to run Android Auto on my 2014 RA4 (won't happen) that would be another story.

The CustomTronix Jailbreak and Jailbreaker Connect look like a good option to me (although some will prefer the LockPick V2 since it has all that in one unit). I think the CustomTronix interface will work well for me and I don't plan to use the Cargo Cam input so mirroring sounds good.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hell to the yes! the ability to use google maps is the answer to my prayers! only issue is...i wonder what that does to your data plan since its wifi based....

You answered your own question lol. Data and wi-fi are two separate forms of wireless. The only data used would be from google maps, as if you used it normally. When you use wi-fi, you don't use data from your wireless carrier. (Unless tethering)

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

If you download an offline map of your area the data usage will be greatly reduced.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You answered your own question lol. Data and wi-fi are two separate forms of wireless. The only data used would be from google maps, as if you used it normally. When you use wi-fi, you don't use data from your wireless carrier. (Unless tethering)

Not quite. I mean you burn data faster broadcasting a WiFi signal I believe...you have to broadcast WiFi for the unit to recognize then it will work via your phone being a WiFi Hotspot.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Screen mirroring does not use data from your plan. I do this all the time from my phone to my TV at work. Samsung TV and Samsung Note 4 phone. It does either a WiFi direct link or data link to the device. The only data used is the data your phone uses while you are doing something on it. If no data is being consumed by your phone, ie watching YouTube or browsing the web. You do not use data.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not quite. I mean you burn data faster broadcasting a WiFi signal I believe...you have to broadcast WiFi for the unit to recognize then it will work via your phone being a WiFi Hotspot.

It would create a personal wi-fi hotspot in your car, but this would not use data. The only data usage is what you download/use on your phone as normal.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It would create a personal wi-fi hotspot in your car, but this would not use data. The only data usage is what you download/use on your phone as normal.
It's not even that in depth. It uses the Wi-Fi for media connectivity only for streaming purposes.

customtronix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Glad to see CustomTronix having a presence here at the site. Welcome!

I think that CarPerformanceSe android box that requires you to crack open your 8.4 radio to install a touch controller behind the screen is crap. Last thing I want is a very outdated android OS (ie 4.0) running on my radio.

If there is a software update to run Android Auto on my 2014 RA4 (won't happen) that would be another story.

The CustomTronix Jailbreak and Jailbreaker Connect look like a good option to me (although some will prefer the LockPick V2 since it has all that in one unit). I think the CustomTronix interface will work well for me and I don't plan to use the Cargo Cam input so mirroring sounds good.

Thank you for the kind words:) well Carperformance is not doing anything more than buy these from china and believe me when I say that I have tried every product for the 8.4AN! we had this 2014 and it´s not that sexy, but if you really want to have android running and you are a really good tech guy go ahead. The major problem with the Chinese made products is that they want it to be as cheap as possible! meaning that the beta testing and etc is almost none existing. To be really honest I haven´t seen a chinese product that
doesn´t have a issue and is updatable for future OS.
So if you don´t like our product I would say go for the Lock Pick .

I´m happy to be here so we at least can give you some facts.

Magnus:love51:

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I've had the customtronix pick software for the last year and it was nice. Alllowed me to add a front view camera and to use the NAV while moving was indespenible.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
its not difficult to add a camera. I installed the customtronix front RAM emblem with the camera hidden in it and it took like 20 minutes to add. Pretty easy

Stammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can't believe that in "this day and age" we don't have all of this stuff already built in. Just ordered a the new wifi connect so my copilot can watch movies while we're hauling up and down the east coast.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for the kind words:) well Carperformance is not doing anything more than buy these from china and believe me when I say that I have tried every product for the 8.4AN! we had this 2014 and it´s not that sexy, but if you really want to have android running and you are a really good tech guy go ahead. The major problem with the Chinese made products is that they want it to be as cheap as possible! meaning that the beta testing and etc is almost none existing. To be really honest I haven´t seen a chinese product that
doesn´t have a issue and is updatable for future OS.
So if you don´t like our product I would say go for the Lock Pick .

I´m happy to be here so we at least can give you some facts.

Magnus:love51:
I for one , am so glad you guys ( CustomTronix ) are FINALLY here on the Www.ramforum.com !

J Hauver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Rebel
Hey Itsevans. Can you shoot me an email when you are on. I just bought the RAX Jailbreak with connect and need some help. Thanks.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One day I'll have my OEM backup cam + a cargo cam + a front cam + Phone mirroring + Uconnect apps on my uprade from the RA1 Original 2014 truck To the 2015 RA4 8.4NA I have now .....
@ customtronix gentlemen what do you recommend for me Sirs ?