01 1500 rcsb 4x4 318

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Two things, the T for the oil pressure, pretty sure its just 1/4in npt thread, it might be 3/8ths, but its not flared or metric.

As for the PTO wire, I did a bunch of research and testing with it last fall because I was looking into a high idle switch to run some accessories.

The PTO wire does nothing more that I can find definitively than tell the computer to ignore certain conditions that indicate an operating failure, so the check engine light doesn't illuminate when using the PTO.

It does nothing more than that.

Unconfirmed is on vehicles equipped with a PTO (It may be a programmed function of the Cummins engine controller) that hitting the steering wheel mounted cruise control switches will adjust the idle speed in 100RPM increments. Though I cannot test this as I do not have a diesel.

I have tried through experimentation activating the PTO wire and trying to change the RPM with the cruise control switches to no effect. I am able to confirm that certain ABS and vehicle speed sensor codes do not trigger with the PTO wire enabled.

OP
OP
B

Bthompson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Two things, the T for the oil pressure, pretty sure its just 1/4in npt thread, it might be 3/8ths, but its not flared or metric.

As for the PTO wire, I did a bunch of research and testing with it last fall because I was looking into a high idle switch to run some accessories.

The PTO wire does nothing more that I can find definitively than tell the computer to ignore certain conditions that indicate an operating failure, so the check engine light doesn't illuminate when using the PTO.

It does nothing more than that.

Unconfirmed is on vehicles equipped with a PTO (It may be a programmed function of the Cummins engine controller) that hitting the steering wheel mounted cruise control switches will adjust the idle speed in 100RPM increments. Though I cannot test this as I do not have a diesel.

I have tried through experimentation activating the PTO wire and trying to change the RPM with the cruise control switches to no effect. I am able to confirm that certain ABS and vehicle speed sensor codes do not trigger with the PTO wire enabled.

That’s about As far as I got on previous forums besides the abs codes. have you tried any wire tucking? I want there to be as little visible as possible I’m already moving the battery to the frame and relocating the whole evap system somewhere just haven’t decided yet *♂️ and the ecm and fuse box under the cowl if I can get them to fit.

I am using the diesel radiator from Mishimoto as well as electric fans from flex-a-lite with the tank holders already built in, but I have a friend at work that is a welder/fabricator that is building me stainless overflow and wiper fluid tanks. Should be a nice touch I would think. I am also using quite a bit of Mishimoto cooling system parts, lines and fittings. As well as a dual pass 25 row cooler for my trans and ik many people say it’s dumb or not worth it but I am using a catch can. No matter which route I go (408 stroker, or boosted 318 just don’t know which direction to go so I have put all that on hold besides the heads and intake since I can use those no matter what.) I just don’t like the idea of any of that blow by & oil ending up back in my intake and down into my valves and cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk