02 4.7 Remanufactured Engine

Have you had major engine issues with your 4.7?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QuintanaP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.0
Long story short, since day one I purchased my truck I've been having problems. Then one day, I had to change spark plugs, when one snapped inside, as a carpenter having no knowledge other than replacing minor things, I knew the block needed to be taken out considering it was the one neared the driver firewall.
Ever since I removed that original block, messed with the heads and pistons, its never been the same.
Originally, when this happened, I removed the block, got it machined, it was bored .050, with that, everything new that it would take.
The truck over heated, heads out.
The truck started with a piston noise / misfiring, heads and block out.
Again, the truck started with a piston noise / this time misfiring and white smoke.

That's when the search was on, new truck or new/remanufactured engine?

For 2,900 Gearheadengines.com came to play, they provided hell of a service and although I'm still waiting to have the engine thrown in, it looks not remanufactured but new.

Has anyone had real bad issues or problems with their 4.7 engine? Or have you had good experiences?
Mind you, I've got a 2002 4.7 1500 Quad Cab with 192,000 current miles as it sits awaiting this beauty.
New rebuilt tranny from the last time I worked on the block about two months ago.
file.jpeg file1.jpeg file2.jpeg file3.jpeg file4.jpeg

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
If it is new you one lucky man.I would drive that thing until the fenders fell off.