02 4.7 swap to 14 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Jasper
Hello all,

Just picked up what I think is a deal on a 2014 5.7 with 6 speed trans and planning on putting it into my 2002 that currently has a 4.7 and 45RFE. Comes with ecm, wiring harness, gas pedal/wiring, and all belt run parts. I've asked how much more pcm/tcm and motor/trans mounts, and radiator would be as it appears they will all be necessary from what I've read.

Can anyone offer me any more help or advice? Appreciate it!

OP
OP
R

rrodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Jasper
Heard from someone there may be an issue of instrument cluster being a problem? Anyone know if 2014 BCM is needed for such a swap or if a stand alone controller is the best route? Thanks again for any help.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh lord...you aren't even trying to keep it in the same family LMAO. Did you do ANY research before buying this, thinking you could just drop it in and go? The engine you have is an 09+ eagle 5.7. Comes with MDS, VVT, active intake & fly-by-wire gas pedal to throttle body. The 6sp attached to it is a reprogrammed version of the RFE you already have. Same basic trans. So...will it physically drop in? Yes. Then the money headache starts. This drivetrain is designed to be run by an advanced CANbus system. Your 02 is a PCIbus (not quite so advanced). Your stock PCM can't run it. Using the donor PCM will cause interface issues with the rest of the truck. The accessory drive for a 4th gen truck is quite different than the one from a 3rd gen. That will require surgery and/or possibly custom parts. The exhaust is different. Swaps have been done with SRT-10 V10's and 03-05 5.7's into 02's successfully because they are less complicated and came in PCIbus vehicles. You will need the money, technical know how and technology (will most likely have to flash all kinds of modules in the hopes it will all work). If money is no object, then you shouldn't have any problems lol.