'03 5.9 V8 - Where to pruchase OEM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plemp54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hello,
Before anyone blasts me, I searched through many threads before posting, no luck on a resolution.

I installed a K&N cold air intake about a year ago. Since then, nothing but trouble on trouble. Check engine light keeps coming on - changed spark plugs twice, replaced ignition wires (coils I believe), replaced 02 sensor. Still can't that check engine light to stay off.
Truck runs rough, constant miss-fire and shaking in low RPMs of all gears and occasional rough idle.

That said, I'm looking to purchase a factory air box and get rid of this K&N - does anyone know a good site to find one? Most mopar sites I've come across only sell random replacement bolts to the air box, not a full kit.

I cannot find anything on ebay for my exact truck.

Been to the local dodge dealer 4 (yep, 4 times) to diagnose and fix the problem, they can't figure it out. Or they just don't care, haha.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Ok, this is just thinking out loud. First for the air filter assembly I would go to a salvage yard to look for one. I'm sure you know by now that a 5.9 is rare in a 03 model Ram. Good luck, IMO the after market filter should not cause issues if installed correctly. And for getting support and information about your engine problems try posting in the 2nd Gen section as they are more knowledgeable about the engine. Good luck..

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Junkyards or eastcoastmoparts should have it. Possibly craigslist as well but idk what changes are between a 01 an 02 5.9