06 1500 4x4 leaking differential and cv joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey all,

need some advice.

I have an 06 Ram 1500 QC 4x45.7 Hemi.
front right (passenger) side axle is leaking at the CV axle/differential joint.
Take a look here:

42079d1419710371-leaky_front_cv_axle_diff-cv_axle_diff.jpg

I bought a new Front axle seal and a chilton manual to help with the repair. well it says to go to a dealer to replace the seal.

I have seen a few threads in here say they changed it themselves but no one has responded yet. The plan was to change the HUB and the seal tomorrow.

anyone in here have any pointers?

90guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good times..... Had to cut my CV shafts off. There is a clip in the cv shaft that rides in the groove on the half shaft. Rusted everything together and it would not come apart. Took it to the dealer. And that is exactly what they did was torch the thing off... Less then a year later both seals where leaking... ugh... Traded it off that way.

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well spent 3 1/3 hours and bent 2 pry bars. that son of a ***** didnt move. Anyone out there have any tips? gonna try putting it up on a lift maybe i can get more leverage on it that way. other wise looks like i am taking it to the shop soon. I cany even get to the Hub mounting bolts because the outer CV joint blocks half of the head of each bolt.

be flipping fail today.....

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are able to bend your pry bars, you are buying the wrong ones. Try hammering on the end of the pry bar instead of prying the thing out. Sometimes the shock is what is needed to get the snap ring undone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it's easier just to take the spindle off to get to the hub bearing bolts.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He is trying to replace the axle seal also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Friday im going to try and get it on a lift so i can get proper leverage. picked up some proper pry bars last might so hopefully that will help.