07 fuel gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paramount

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
My fuel gauge randomly stopped working. I changed the sender and checked resistance to the tipm and its where it needs to be. I calibrate the gauges using the trip Meter reset button and the gauge works and calibrates fine. I also took the truck to the dealer and got the tipm reflashed to see if there was an update on software and that did nothing. I don't know where to turn now. It is a 5.9l 07 so anything that I purchase from a wrecker or salvage is VERY hard to find as the parts are specific for the 6 month period before they swith ed to the 6.7l. Someone please help!

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
What code(s) is showing? Knowing the specific faults will help and they will show in the display using the cluster test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aib1TrzVST8

This is for P0463 code, but it does give some idea of how to test wiring. Best bet is to search for videos of affecting faults. If you figure it out, post your findings. Good Luck.

OP
OP
P

paramount

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
There are no codes or faults at all. When I calibrate the gauges nothing shows up and the fuel gauge calibrates add it should

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
It might be time to take it to a place with more sophisticated diagnostic tools. IIRC, there are certain codes that are not displayed even if they trip a fault. As an example, I believe air bag sensors are like this so that the code can't be cleared with normal (inexpensive) tools.