08 1500 Loss of Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimHildy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,
I've got a 2008 that is loosing power from a dead stop. Upon start up from cold it runs well till I come to a complete stop. Once I try to accelerate from there it is labouring very hard RPM'S hardly increasing and acceleration is very slow. If I stop the truck and turn off the ignition then start it up again it will reset and perform properly again. The CEL had come on as well. Anyone have any ideas?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
First thing is finding out what codes are showing up with the check engine light. If you don’t have a scanner, stop by an auto parts store (autozone, O’Reilly’s) and have them scan it for free. Then go from there

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi all,
I've got a 2008 that is loosing power from a dead stop. Upon start up from cold it runs well till I come to a complete stop. Once I try to accelerate from there it is labouring very hard RPM'S hardly increasing and acceleration is very slow. If I stop the truck and turn off the ignition then start it up again it will reset and perform properly again. The CEL had come on as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Without knowing the codes this is a guess but it sounds like it could be your egr valve.