08 RAM center console lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently bought a full center console for my truck, but it was disgusting. I've got most of it cleaned, but I'm having a hard time with the lid. I've tried white vinegar/water, spray9, and Auto Glim vinyl/rubber cleaner. Nothing is getting the black out of the vains of the rubber lid. Any other products, or homemade suggestions?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I recently bought a full center console for my truck, but it was disgusting. I've got most of it cleaned, but I'm having a hard time with the lid. I've tried white vinegar/water, spray9, and Auto Glim vinyl/rubber cleaner. Nothing is getting the black out of the vains of the rubber lid. Any other products, or homemade suggestions?

Thanks.

I would let the Auto Glim dwell for a bit then massage the vinyl with a finger to loosen the yuk and wipe with microfiber towel

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to Wally World and get some Super Clean (in the automotive section). Best All purpose cleaner I used and it's cheap as hell. I think you can a 2.5 gallons for like $20 and it can be diluted or you can use it straight out of the bottle.

OP
OP
Hurley91

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would let the Auto Glim dwell for a bit then massage the vinyl with a finger to loosen the yuk and wipe with microfiber towel

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
I tried that. I let it sit for about 15 mins, and it didn't do much. The truck that this console came from was in an accident, and the windshield and stuff was gone, so it was exposed to the elements for a bit. I got all the gunk off, but it's the dirty discoloration I'm trying to get rid of.

OP
OP
Hurley91

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Go to Wally World and get some Super Clean (in the automotive section). Best All purpose cleaner I used and it's cheap as hell. I think you can a 2.5 gallons for like $20 and it can be diluted or you can use it straight out of the bottle.
I might actually have a small bottle of that kicking around. I'll try that if I can find it.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a picture? Have you tried any mild abrasives? Magic eraser, some polish or compound?

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You have to get in the grain with a scrub brush or tooth brush, nothing too aggressive . Spray it with your cleaner of choice, my first try would be Tuff Stuff upholstery cleaner, let it soak, and start scrubbing. Keep applying cleaner to help flush out grime from the cracks and to help lubricate the surface to prevent damage.