1,186,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar2ya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I bought my 93 W350 new and went to work hauling loads up to 27,000 lbs and then quite hauling in 2000. Pretty much the truck just goes to the racetrack pulling my car. In those years Ive learned a few things. Ive got the Getrag G360, broke/wore a few of them out, but I learned very early on how to make them live. BTW, the truck was making 225 hp and 600ish tq.

In 1995 I added a trans temp gauge and saw how hot the trans ran in high gear with a load, run in 4th gear/direct and it says much cooler. Anyway, I decided to put a cooler on it. So I pulled the PTO cover off and installed barbed fittings low and high on the plate as well as a thermal switch/grd triggered.

I mounted a pump under the truck with a cooler and fan mounted on top between the frame and the body. I pulled fluid from the lower PTO fitting and pumped it into the upper fitting which also help lubricated the upper cluster. Now the pump I put on the outlet side of the transcooler so the cooled fluid went through the pump which extended the life. All this was automatically activated by the thermal switch that grounded my relay when it hit 200 degrees.

The other thing I did was run 50 weight synthetic gear oil. Its a bit stiff in cooler weather until the trans warmed up, but the type of driving I did really didnt matter.

The G360 is a decent tranny, it just gets hot when pulling in high gear. Hope this helps any Getrag owners.