10” sub decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Dcheatham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with the thought of opening your choices up some. I was running a 10w3 in a stealth box and recently switched to a FU300. It plays just as loud, if not a little louder...and was all of $50 brand new. I then put a second in and am very happy.

I used to run a shop that sold JL. I love their products but wayyyyy overpriced.

Frequency extension is not really a factor in the boxes. Be it sealed or the smaller ported boxes out there, none are going to play low well. Sealed boxes of this size just do not have the extension and it would be near impossible to tune a ported box low enough...port would simply be too long.

Most decent subs with good power will sound similar. I just do not see the point in paying for 10w6s or similar. For less you could do a pair of Sundown sd10s. They will hang with the JLs, sound just as good and leave almost enough for a decent amp.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with the thought of opening your choices up some. I was running a 10w3 in a stealth box and recently switched to a FU300. It plays just as loud, if not a little louder...and was all of $50 brand new. I then put a second in and am very happy.

I used to run a shop that sold JL. I love their products but wayyyyy overpriced.

Frequency extension is not really a factor in the boxes. Be it sealed or the smaller ported boxes out there, none are going to play low well. Sealed boxes of this size just do not have the extension and it would be near impossible to tune a ported box low enough...port would simply be too long.

Most decent subs with good power will sound similar. I just do not see the point in paying for 10w6s or similar. For less you could do a pair of Sundown sd10s. They will hang with the JLs, sound just as good and leave almost enough for a decent amp.

I havent personally heard sundown subs in per

I havent heard any sundowns in person, im sure they pound. Im just the kind of guy that sticks with well known brands, because they work, and work well.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Mines. Thinking of adding another

66da2ed5d70e098137f237b36ce605e1.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk