1000 vs 5000 air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi, I have a 2016 1500 5.7 Hemi without the tow package. I tow a 6500#(when fully loaded) trailer with a load leveling hitch.I added a generator to the back of the bed, and it seemed to squat too much for my liking. Can you use airbags with a load-leveling hitch? If so 1k or 5k?
thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Can you use airbags with a load-leveling hitch? If so 1k or 5k?

You can use airbags with a WDH. Just like the factory air-ride system, you set the WDH setup before leveling off the truck with the airbags.
Part of the downfall with the airbags in the coils, is they are supposed to be inflated before loading the truck.
Total Load Control and Timber Grove make some frame to axle airbag kits that are bolt on(no cutting or drilling).

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I have a 2016 1500 5.7 Hemi without the tow package. I tow a 6500#(when fully loaded) trailer with a load leveling hitch.I added a generator to the back of the bed, and it seemed to squat too much for my liking. Can you use airbags with a load-leveling hitch? If so 1k or 5k?
thanks

Im in the same boat. I just installed the 1000 airbag kit on mine today. Will get my camper hooked up soon and try it out. I think it will work great

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im in the same boat. I just installed the 1000 airbag kit on mine today. Will get my camper hooked up soon and try it out. I think it will work great

Great, let us know

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can use airbags with a WDH. Just like the factory air-ride system, you set the WDH setup before leveling off the truck with the airbags.
Part of the downfall with the airbags in the coils, is they are supposed to be inflated before loading the truck.
Total Load Control and Timber Grove make some frame to axle airbag kits that are bolt on(no cutting or drilling).
Thanks for the response.
I'm leaning towards a 5k kit