'13+ Projector lights - aftermarket release!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPG LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those tyc actually seem to perform better than the oems...I wonder if they throw light as far too. Great job tyc!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So these come with bulbs and ballasts all I would need is the adapter for a non Hid 2013?

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry but Neither OEM or TYC projector lamps come with HID's standard.
The two are nearly identical and come stock with Halogen bulbs for low and high beam,
and an array of amber LED's that act as park/turn signals.

If your truck came with projector lamps,
keep them, the TYC's do the same thing.

If your 09'-14' Ram came with non projector (Quad's or Duals)
You will need the RetroShop adapter to plug&play a new projector lamp. ($100-$110)

If you want to upgrade a projector lamp (OEM or TYC) to HID's,
The DIY drop in kit (low beam only) is another $155, (2 bulbs,2 canbus adapters and 2 ballasts)
remove head, open dust cover, swap bulb, plug the canbus adapter and ballast in and you're done.

If you want upgraded FXR HID projectors retro fitted to your stock PJ lamp, that's +$640
(Does not include price of the lamp)

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I have hids in my quads now. Might just stick with that. Just to be clear if your gonna upgrade them to hids it doesn't sound like you need the $110 adapter

Last edited:

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry but Neither OEM or TYC projector lamps come with HID's standard.
The two are nearly identical and come stock with Halogen bulbs for low and high beam,
and an array of amber LED's that act as park/turn signals.

If your truck came with projector lamps,
keep them, the TYC's do the same thing.

If your 09'-14' Ram came with non projector (Quad's or Duals)
You will need the RetroShop adapter to plug&play a new projector lamp. ($100-$110)

If you want to upgrade a projector lamp (OEM or TYC) to HID's,
The DIY drop in kit (low beam only) is another $155, (2 bulbs,2 canbus adapters and 2 ballasts)
remove head, open dust cover, swap bulb, plug the canbus adapter and ballast in and you're done.

If you want upgraded FXR HID projectors retro fitted to your stock PJ lamp, that's +$640
(Does not include price of the lamp)

Thanks for the clearification. Looks like I'm going for the FX-R retro kit as well.

Madcowranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So for you guys that have the halogen projectors, is it a big bump in light over the standard reflective halogens? I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge for the HID upgrade or if just the halogen projectors will be enough.

All I know is my headlights absolutely suck on my '14 Lone Star. I'm overdriving my lights at 65mph.:wtf2:

Also would the chrome or black TYC's look better on my truck?

37542d1412392203-nuther_newb-img_20141001_155844_280.jpg

tarrdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for you guys that have the halogen projectors, is it a big bump in light over the standard reflective halogens? I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge for the HID upgrade or if just the halogen projectors will be enough.

All I know is my headlights absolutely suck on my '14 Lone Star. I'm overdriving my lights at 65mph.:wtf2:

Also would the chrome or black TYC's look better on my truck?

37542d1412392203-nuther_newb-img_20141001_155844_280.jpg
You can see the light output from both the halogen projectors in JJ's post. Then you can see the projectors with hid bulbs a few posts down. Also black would look better imo

Madcowranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can see the light output from both the halogen projectors in JJ's post. Then you can see the projectors with hid bulbs a few posts down. Also black would look better imo

So yeah I see the difference in his two pics between OEM and TYC halogen projectors. And I can see the HUGE diference between my headlights and HID projectors in BlackRamHemi's pics. I guess what I'm asking is will I be happy with the upgrade to halogen projectors over my stock headlights (Quad's?).

I just want to make sure I'm not going to be blinding anyone while gaining the maximum amount of illuminated ground in front of me. Reliability is also a big issue with me. I have read all the horror stories about how high maintenance aftermarket lights can be and I want to find something that I can install and forget about.

Thanks.

Madcowranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shoot. I guess I can always upgrade the TYC's to HID's down the road if I'm not getting enough light output.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, caught the fever. Sometimes you just got to try things for yourself. Went with the HID PJ headlights and fogs. From the posted pics I've seen, awesome. Going with the LED tails for Christmas.

Dubsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you you ship to Canada? Border fees and duties can be brutal (up to 25% of total price). UPS is the worst...
Thanks in advance
Richard

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Jeremy ships to Canada through the post office (with tracking info), no courier.
No brokerage fees, at the most you may have to pay $10 plus local tax (GST/PST)
....and sometimes even that gets bypassed.

My first package (OEM PJ heads and adapter) was $85 shipping fee,
it arrived within 7 days to Edmonton, $58 at the post office when I picked it up.

The second shipment (Painted heads and HID kit) was no shipping charge, (special circumstances)
and the mail man dropped it at my door, no payment required. :favorites13:

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please excuse my ignorance but are PJ heads -- projector headlights?

Dubsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jeremy ships to Canada through the post office (with tracking info), no courier.
No brokerage fees, at the most you may have to pay $10 plus local tax (GST/PST)
....and sometimes even that gets bypassed.

My first package (OEM PJ heads and adapter) was $85 shipping fee,
it arrived within 7 days to Edmonton, $58 at the post office when I picked it up.

The second shipment (Painted heads and HID kit) was no shipping charge, (special circumstances)
and the mail man dropped it at my door, no payment required. :favorites13:

Thank you so much fellow Edmononian! :)

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just nabbed me a set of these tyc heads locally. $475 brand new!!!!

Adapters from JJ should arrive today, install tonight

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963