14" Magnaflow with Kids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my 22" as well. I'm thinking of cutting the resonator. I have single exhaust. Where are you guys finding shops that will install a new muffler for $40?! Mine originally wanted $250. I laughed and said I would return the muffler and buy a Mufflex. They ended up going down to $170 -- which was their normal shop labor rate for replacing a muffler on a 2012 Ram. I thought it was still crazy -- considering I paid $80 on my previous truck (4 yrs ago). I should have walked -- because I was in the middle of yuppieville (near my previous job).

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just called them to get the 18" I think that is the best route to take. If I get it welded in will I still be able to go back to stock if I choose to with out problems?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If they are welding in a new muffler, request that they use stainless pipe so that your exhaust does not rust...especially with the harsh winters you guys have. You can go back to stock afterwards, but they would just have to cut and weld it again. No big deal for a quality exhaust shop though.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How many of you guys are keeping the res on? Before or after the muffler that you are swapping out.
I still have the stock resonators on our exhaust.

We have factory dual exhaust, the resonators are mounted just in front of the chrome tips.

Walking by, it looks stock, but when you start the truck,
its sounds like you just poked a tiger with a stick.

I like it, because it sounds good, but it is not obnoxious.

(and some of you guys know who you are.... :) )

Reactions: PX8
OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the muffler shop now getting the 18" put in.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380058524542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380058524542.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At first I couldn't tell the difference from stock.......until I stepped out of the truck. I'm very satisfied with it. It sounds great when I step on the throttle especially combined with my S&B. Very happy for what I was looking for.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
At first I couldn't tell the difference from stock.......until I stepped out of the truck. I'm very satisfied with it. It sounds great when I step on the throttle especially combined with my S&B. Very happy for what I was looking for.
Congrats.

I will come out of hiding. :)

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI

You'll have to let us know what you think at 50-70 mph cruising.