'19 hood flexing during highway speeds...normal for aluminum??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Please report back with what the dealer does to the hood of you bring up this TSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfrano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My Q7 has narrow strips under the hood one on either side off center, likely to reinforce and prevent such issues. Will soon be getting the 1500.

UH60Hwkdrvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck is scheduled to receive this service. The service advisor told me they would remove the hood sound mat and reattach it with more areas receiving the adhesive. This is supposed to cure the flutter issue. I will report back once the service is completed.

Mike

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read the TSB. The truck has to sit for 24 hours after they do the fix.

UH60Hwkdrvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck is scheduled to receive this service. The service advisor told me they would remove the hood sound mat and reattach it with more areas receiving the adhesive. This is supposed to cure the flutter issue. I will report back once the service is completed.

Mike

The service was completed last week. The vehicle was in the shop for 48hrs while they performed a multitude of things, including fixing the hood flutter issue. I am happy to report that the hood no longer flutters at highway speeds.

Mike

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They did this with my first hood, but I’m happy to report that my “ Sport “ hood does not flutter.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Anyone have the TSB info and build dates this applies to?

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sadly I do not but they dealership did it to my first hood without being told by me about it.

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My original hood fluttered also.

Just got my "sport hood" last Friday and it does not flutter at all.

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• Hood Vibrates, Shakes or Flutters While Driving at Highway Speeds.pdf
    187.4 KB · Views: 17

Stickherbush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new rebel hood flexed so bad that I went through a car wash that has high speed blowers that “dry” the truck off and prevent spotting. Anyways, I had the truck for exactly 13 months when I took it through the wash one day and the blower flexed the hood SO bad that the rebel hood decal came unstuck on the side and then tore offa piece off.
When I took the truck to the dealer to have it fixed they said .....
“oh that’s an aftermarket decal that you added when you bought the truck. Anything aftermarket is only warranted for 12 months. We’re sorry your warranty went out last month”!!!
Needless to say, I was extremely happy with them and the service they had given me up till that point, but I will never buy from them again.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2019 with nearly 500 miles on it - at least 200 of them at hwy speeds and I haven't noticed flexing. I also waxed it and didn't encounter a flex spot on the hood anywhere. Maybe it was corrected on later builds, but I will keep an eye out for it.

rockbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT Sport 4X4 Reg Cab
Engine
Got a 2010 , never experienced vibration even at high speeds or waxing

AresSK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed? I just took mine in for service and mentioned the flexing. The dealer said it’s an aluminum hood and it will flex - they left it as-is.

91nrohgib

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a new 2019 this last weekend, out on highway today and seen a lot of flex dead center! Came in and started searching to see if it was a known issue.

Color: Granite Crystal Metallic

It is bothersome that a new truck flexes that much. Wondering if there is a fix? Possibly a bug deflector or something to divert the wind higher?

Though love to put that sport hood on my truck, but dang just got it 2 days ago!

Last edited: