1986 Ram with slant six

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

robreynolds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slant 6
Around 1961 Dodge made a hi po slant six called the hyper pak , They were able to get a Dodge lancer to go over 145 mph with it , You need one !

That sounds like a hoot. Somebody posted a link to an article where they fixed one up with better valves, a longer stroke, a milled head, injection, etc. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
R

robreynolds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slant 6
i don't think they used lighter springs for the /6 since they were not really that much lighter than the v8's.

you will likely need 93 or older 360 mounts. 93 or older 318 mounts will work but you will need to use spacers to attached them to the ears on the engine. otherwise they new 318's are the exact same size as the old ones and should fit without modification.

Thanks for the tip.

I bought the engine yesterday, but I'll have to go back with a borrowed truck this week to pick it up. 97 318 with 5 speed transmission. It looks like the shifter is a bit farther back than the one on my 4 speed, so I'll probably have to extend the hole in the floor so it's closer to the seat. The old clutch linkage is mechanical and the new one is hydraulic. Other than that, the mechanical stuff looks about the same. I'm going to keep the original steering column, but I'm tempted to set up the cruise control with buttons on the dashboard.