1992 timmimg problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shop truck1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hi me and a buddy of mine have been building a '92 318 dodge from ground up for the last two years. new trans, all new steering, axles, tires wheels, headers and so much more but have had a hell of a time trying to get the actual motor to run right. its missing and running like crap. it has a new distributor cap and plugs and wires which is the whole firing system what could it be...? my buddy thinks its because he snapped a thread off of the actual distributor so its not getting tight enough. HELP!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
was the distributor take out of the engine? if so you may need to set the fuel sync. it will likely never run right till you do that. the timing is computer controlled. turning the distributor effects when when the fuel is injected into the engine and not the timing.

DustyDog99

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 D250, 1986 W150
Engine
1985:318-2bbl 1986:318-4bbl
I would check to make sure the cam timing is correct, then bring it up on #1and put the distributor in. You may need to rotate the gear to get it in proper phase. Set base timing at 14-16 degrees. Double check firing order and if all else has checked out then look at coil and ignition module.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk