1996 trans relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the under hood fuse box there is a Trans Relay, what does it do do? Thanks.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
It goes to the transmission solenoid assembly. Why do you need to know? Whats it doing?

OP
OP
J

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The reason I was asking is, last December my daily driver was out of commission for 2 days. That being said I had to get the summer only 96 pace truck out, and it never sees winter. So it was cold and raining, I missed my turn into a place. No problem just crank a donut like I always do. So after the donut the trans didn,t want to take off in 1st gear while in the drive position. Very odd, like I say I do donuts on dry pavement all the time. It would only take off in second gear. So i parked it for the winter again. As I was looking under the hood in the days after I found the trans relay in the box. That got me wondering if it had something to do with the problem. So now it,s spring again, the battery was disconnected all winter. I took the truck out for a burn yesterday and everything is working normal again. I,m thinking maybe when I cranked the donut that I may have generated too much wheel speed while barely even moving and it tricked something in the trans so it would not shift proper. I don,t know. I,m just happy all is good again.

1513450988641.jpg

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The odd possibility you sloshed enough oil that the pickup sucked air.