1999 ram HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
okay first,, im not very good at navigating this site.
i have a 99 ram 5.2 i have changed the MAP, TPS, fuel pump, cleaned injectors,,plugs everything i can think of but........

at cruising speed it will act like suddenly,,,its out of gas,,,,,dead pedal,,,,,
if you give it more gas fast or slow once you get near full throttle it will down shift and clear up and operate normally..

ive turned the overdrive off doesnt help nothing seems to change anything.....anyone that has a idea please

[email protected] thank you

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Welcome to the forum.

This is the 4th Gen Ram section for 2009-current Ram trucks. The 1999 Rams are 2nd Generation trucks. The 2nd generation goes from 1994-2001. Maybe a moderator can move this thread over there for you, get you some better answers from guys with 2nd gen experience.

Did you disconnect the battery for a long while after replacing the TPS and MAP sensors? The computer may be looking for the old sensor, and not used to the new one. I had a 2001 (basically the same truck) that did the same thing when I replaced the TPS sensor. Disconnecting the battery for a long while will reset the computer and may fix it.