2.5” Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if there’s anyone company out there that does dual mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust pipes from the muffler back for these trucks, I know there’s an e au company that does them with aluminized steel but that’s no good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Magnaflow is one,check with Nick@Got Exhaust,he should be able to help you out.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious why do you want dual 2.5" pipes? you are only flowing as much as the 3" primary allows you to.

we do offer many options but i would have to see who has 2.5" pipes after the muffler. we are running a sale on corsa, magnalfow, MBRP, and Borla right now!

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry guys should have specified. Not looking for a cat back. I’m using a black widow widow maker muffler and I’m just looking for a 2.5” stainless steel mandrel bent pipe kit from the muffler back to the tips (I have those) I have a sport w/ duals but for one I wanna get rid of the resonators and two. I was told and did a bit of research that the 2.5” pipe helps a bit with maximizing the scavenging affect and it sounds much better! There’s a kit on eBay from performance curve (the picture is p.c’s kit)
050754bcd0e96beacb17965afe1be2c3.jpg
but it’s aluminized steel but I’d like to see if anyone knows of a company that makes an s.s kit like it. Also I’d just buy pipe and have it mandrel bent in my area but no one has one anyone near me. I live in a remote area, where the closest place that has a mandrel tube bender is a 1000 km away or more

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry guys should have specified. Not looking for a cat back. I’m using a black widow widow maker muffler and I’m just looking for a 2.5” stainless steel mandrel bent pipe kit from the muffler back to the tips (I have those) I have a sport w/ duals but for one I wanna get rid of the resonators and two. I was told and did a bit of research that the 2.5” pipe helps a bit with maximizing the scavenging affect and it sounds much better! There’s a kit on eBay from performance curve (the picture is p.c’s kit)
050754bcd0e96beacb17965afe1be2c3.jpg
but it’s aluminized steel but I’d like to see if anyone knows of a company that makes an s.s kit like it. Also I’d just buy pipe and have it mandrel bent in my area but no one has one anyone near me. I live in a remote area, where the closest place that has a mandrel tube bender is a 1000 km away or more

You might be stuck buying a complete catback kit to get the pipes you want.I know Magnaflows catback kits are stainless steel and utilize 2.5" tailpipes.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I might have to or I might buy that kit and just get it coated

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder what type of coating is best for them?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By the time you pay for a quality coating and those aluminized pipes you will be in the neighborhood of what a catback would cost. I dont think the size of the duals will matter as much as removing the resonators will.

We dont offer just the pipes but we can get you just about any catback. we are running sales on Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla, and MBRP right now and can offer low pricing on them. not sure where you are located tho, since I saw you mention km instead of miles. We ship anywhere and offer FREE shipping to the lower 48 US but it will cost more outside the US

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wonder what type of coating is best for them?

You can also buy a builder kit from Magnaflow,but when I priced one out in Canada awhile ago,it was the basically the same price as buying their catback kit,and you still had to find somebody with SS wire in their mig welder to weld it together,so it's not really a cost effective solution either. I'd have to agree with Nick,you're best option is probably buying a complete catback system,you could probably sell the muffler it comes with and recoup a few bucks on the cost.If you're in Canada check with your local Crappy Tire for a price on a Magnaflow kit if you decide to go that way.I've bought my last couple of Magnaflow catbacks from them,and so far they've been one of the cheaper outfits to get Magnaflow kits in Canada,plus they'll price match if you do find it cheaper.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks wild one. I’ll have take a look then. Nick yes I’m up here in Canada, the pipes are 269 from the guy on eBay. What’s coating gonna cost? I’d ether powder coat or ceramic coat them. I think the cheapest dual with a flow through muffler (with 2.5” piping) is the mbrp kit which is still somewhere around 6-700. Plus it only comes with with 3.5 or 4” tips and I’m looking for 5 so I’d have to resell them too.

clintr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I found a local muffler shop that installed a dual 2 1/2" stainless exhaust system on my Ram for a better price than any of the premade systems.
He cut off the "Y" pipe and welded straight to the cats. I'll get photos tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a local muffler shop that installed a dual 2 1/2" stainless exhaust system on my Ram for a better price than any of the premade systems.
He cut off the "Y" pipe and welded straight to the cats. I'll get photos tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Wait. So you don't have a cross-over pipe?!?? :(

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No crossover, X or H pipe, just 2.5" tubes going to dual turbo mufflers and out behind both rear tires.

Old school exhaust,that was common in the muscle car era,lol