2001 5.2L No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steevensi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 L
Hi,
I'm a bit at loss here.
the truck has started on Monday. I moved it from one parking spot to another so we could clean the snow. Since them, it has been super cold at night around here.
Now it won't start.
Battery is full.
It cranks. From times to times, it will start but will dies if I don't give some gas.
call me crazy but I think I hear fluid moving around when I push the gas pedal for the first 2 or 3 times.
I've put some stuff that is supposed to thaw the gas in the gas tank in case its frozen. However, the tank is half full.
There is nothing leaking under the truck...
Any thoughts?
Cheers

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The fluid is probably coolant and air in the heater core, its common as thats the highest spot in the system.

The rest of that is really common if the battery has been low and allowed the PCM to lose its trims and idle position. You'll have to manually idle it for 5-8 minutes for it to learn how to idle again, then you'll have to drive it for 10-20 miles for it to learn well enough how to not stall when coming to a stop. You'll likely have to slightly hold the gas when stopped to keep it from stalling the first few times.