2001 Ram 1500 4wd Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedPissah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, I'd like to start off by saying I am the proud new owner of a 2001, 1500 as of Yesterday! She's in wonderful condition, only racking up 100k miles. Though I'd like to say everything is mint, I am having two issues with it.

First issue being I have to replace the pinion bearing, but the second issue is why I came here.

I am 19 years old, and have been working in the automotive field for 6 months I'm proud to say I am loving it and learning a lot! This evening I noticed a small bit of oil in my drive way. After further inspection I noticed that, what seems to be the 4wd actuator (passenger side behind axle, if I'm wrong) is leaking gear oil. Is this an issue with the "Actuator" itself, or could I have a bad gasket? If it is a bad gasket, I have had no luck finding any such gasket online (probably due to the fact I have no idea really what else to look up).

Is there any info anyone on here might have for me? If not, I can post a picture of the leaky culpret tomorrow.

Nice meeting you all, and hope to stick around! Thank you in advanced. dd950f7361376bd22084c2a7fda57a69.png

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
its called a CAD (or central axle disconnect) housing... and most people from what i've heard makes their own gasket..

OP
OP
WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its called a CAD (or central axle disconnect) housing... and most people from what i've heard makes their own gasket..
Bam! Thanks for that bo! Found the gasket on quad4x4, so now my CAD gasket, dif cover gasket and pinion bearing are on there way. I appreciate the help!

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
No problem glad I could help and congrats on the truck bud