2003 - Cluster\Module Issue\Computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjanecka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm running a 4.7 v8 and for the past couple weeks, my cluster has been doing some erratic things. At first, the gear selector circle around the gears would intermittently not appear. Sometimes it would take a couple times of turning the key from off to on (not igniting the engine for it to appear.) The truck would run just fine, I mean really spot on when it finally did appear. Tried doing a couple computer resets to fix the issue but they didn't seem to help.

So after about two weeks of that I'm assuming I completely burnt something out or it lost connection entirely because now my entire cluster is lit up and my gauges don't work. Doublechecked the fuse box under the hood and the only one that was out was for interior lighting. I pulled the fuse to the cluster and let it sit for about four hours and still the same thing.

Took it to O'reilly and they couldn't interface with the computer. but I am not getting a "nobus error", my odometer/trip meter is still displaying without issues.

The truck still runs although it runs rather roughly sometimes.

Is there another fusebox I am missing or is this certainly a module issue? If so are there any diagrams available anywhere for me to start plugging away at the modules?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are you anywhere near MD? I could hook up my DRB and see what it finds.

OP
OP
J

jjanecka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Wish I was man, I'm down but I'm down in TX.

OP
OP
J

jjanecka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Issue is still ongoing. I tried getting an error code moving the key from off to accy a few times but the computer wouldn't restart.

I was able to run the cluster test holding down the trip meter button and pulled the C-codes but I don't think there's much there. =/

27 06
29 06
AA 00
AB 00
00 00

Called my mechanic today too but I won't be able to get to him until next Saturday because I have to go to the cattle auction this weekend. Anyone have any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45