2005 2500 Diesel crew cab New Buckets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoopjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Hi, im looking to install a leather interior in my 2005 Ram . Im wondering if anyone has used a set of captain chairs from another truck or car ? Is it best to but a wrecked truck and swap over the interior? Will a 1500 Ram with leather fit a 2500 if there both crew cabs or gen 4 fit into gen 3 body style? Im uncomfortable in the stock seats i have and want to upgrade? Please and help! Joe

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yes gen 4 seats will fit in a gen 3 truck with alittle modification to the rear seats. There should be quite a few threads on here and some internet sites detailing everything with pictures. Check eBay and Craigslist for some deals, and if you are on Facebook look up “Seats and Such”. It’s a guy in Ohio that buys dodge interiors and resells them. He has decent prices and ships. They go quick though. I’m eyeing the seats for a future project, I’ve already got a 4th gen console installed in my 03. The guy I bought the console from had the 4th gen black leather seats installed and it was awesome. Good luck

OP
OP
Z

Zoopjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Thank You

Bouncer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Good future information, Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes gen 4 seats will fit in a gen 3 truck with alittle modification to the rear seats. There should be quite a few threads on here and some internet sites detailing everything with pictures. Check eBay and Craigslist for some deals, and if you are on Facebook look up “Seats and Such”. It’s a guy in Ohio that buys dodge interiors and resells them. He has decent prices and ships. They go quick though. I’m eyeing the seats for a future project, I’ve already got a 4th gen console installed in my 03. The guy I bought the console from had the 4th gen black leather seats installed and it was awesome. Good luck

Just looked through your console album, that's EXACTLY what I'm working on lol, though I already have a nice set of 4th gen cloth/leather seats that are going in. How'd you handle the cable routing from the shifter to the trans? Good job!

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Just looked through your console album, that's EXACTLY what I'm working on lol, though I already have a nice set of 4th gen cloth/leather seats that are going in. How'd you handle the cable routing from the shifter to the trans? Good job!
That’s why I keep pics, I literally can’t find any info on the internet about a console swap into a 02-05 truck. If there are pictures, photobucket ate them :(
If you need anymore pictures let me know, I’ll be happy to help. I still have a plastic trim piece on the passenger side to make up to cover a hole there

Ok long explanation, but maybe someone can help with my problem. I don’t have the factory shifter hooked up yet. I am planning on a 46rh swap with a manual valvebody. Since I have a 4x4 truck, I have to make a hybrid trans. I am using an RH case with a 4x4 RE overdrive housing because of the trans length. That’s the only way it will bolt up. The way the trans works I can’t have a automatic D that will shift gears without a super expensive standalone controller. So swapping to a manual valvebody is about the only answer. Now my problem is the console shifter has an electric manual shift. So I’ve been considering wiring a servo controller and a 12v servo to handle the shift cable. Not sure it’s possible yet. Other then that, I’ll have to remove the shifter and put an aftermarket shifter in.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That’s why I keep pics, I literally can’t find any info on the internet about a console swap into a 02-05 truck. If there are pictures, photobucket ate them :(
If you need anymore pictures let me know, I’ll be happy to help. I still have a plastic trim piece on the passenger side to make up to cover a hole there

I've only seen one before today, and it was just a pic with no help or explanation. Biggest things I've wrestled with is how to route the shift cable through the dash and mounting the console itself. On the 4th gens it's to the dash up front and somewhere in the back or middle to the floor. Also figuring out my OD button with the floor shifter. I'm waiting until I put in my 4th gen seats. This is the pic that inspired me to try:

ram console.jpg

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I've only seen one before today, and it was just a pic with no help or explanation. Biggest things I've wrestled with is how to route the shift cable through the dash and mounting the console itself. On the 4th gens it's to the dash up front and somewhere in the back or middle to the floor. Also figuring out my OD button with the floor shifter. I'm waiting until I put in my 4th gen seats. This is the pic that inspired me to try:

View attachment 116285
I’m pretty sure I’ve come across that same picture. I made my own “custom” brackets but it’s completely hillbilly rigged up. Nothing fancy. I need to start a thread about it, I’ll be back to the final touch ups in the next few weeks

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
1500 AND 2500 seats all the same also in 3rd gens. prob cheapest option is buy a set of katzkins or another seat material provider.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
1500 AND 2500 seats all the same also in 3rd gens. prob cheapest option is buy a set of katzkins or another seat material provider.
The 4th gen seats are way more comfortable and they look a lot better. That’s normally the point of the swap. I got my eye on it in the future

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The 4th gen seats are way more comfortable and they look a lot better. That’s normally the point of the swap. I got my eye on it in the future

op asked to replace with leather I was giving him other options. personally I wouldn't want 4th gen seats in my 3rd gen but to each his own. as for comfort they are about the same to me. one thing I miss in my chevy is how much nicer the seats are over mopars but they get the job done.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
op asked to replace with leather I was giving him other options. personally I wouldn't want 4th gen seats in my 3rd gen but to each his own. as for comfort they are about the same to me. one thing I miss in my chevy is how much nicer the seats are over mopars but they get the job done.
Other options are great, I have looked into some Katskinz and was considering them. But in the original post he mentioned he was uncomfortable in his seats so I figure that was the reason for swapping

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
may be idk just throwing it out there. my st the material is stiff so I would like the slt cloth or leather for that reason but the seat isn't uncomfortable. no worse than my bros 4th gen service truck mind you which is also a st. i do like the 05 seats more than the 06 seats though. the 06 i hate the material and they feel less roomy to me. op my like 06 better. that is also a swap option.