2005 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paula Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Turns off while driving,radio is gone now it will crank back up after a few tries but gives no signs it's going to cut off any ideas on what it could be

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
It could be a multitude of things like cam sensor or crank sensor or asd relay, tipm, etc, etc. the best thing to do before you start just throwing parts at it is to have it put on a live data scanner, at least you’ll be able to tell what it is or get close to what it is. Or you can test each individual sensor to narrow it down.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to replace my crank sensor a while back but as stated above it could a lot of things causing that to happen.

CaptainEd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was randomly stalling and throwing crank sensor codes. I had a mechanic replace both and the problem went away for a couple of weeks then returned. As it turns out, the mechanic didn't put OEM sensors in as I asked. Replaced them with new OEM and the problems was gone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334