2006 1500 rusting rear fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just noticed while washing my 2006 1500 SLT small rust blisters developing over the right side rear wheel fender lip. I heard from a friend that the 2006 year models were prone to rusting in this location.
Just wondered if the forum has noticed this issue with the 2006 model and rusting over the rear wheel fenders. FYI....I have had the factory rear wheelwell liners installed since new from the dealer.
Thanks for reading and responding to this post.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not a problem for just the 2006 model year, it's for the entire 3rd generation model.

There is a plate that is used to locate and secure the bed side on the wheel well. That plate has an indication in it that water can sit. After time, can rust.

A lot of people have been removing their tail lights after the winters and spraying the inside of their bedside down with water to prevent this.

I have a few friends back easy that have 3rd gens that do not have any issues because of this washing prevention. Seems to work.