2006 5.9 2500 Mega - Lighting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delori

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I just bought a used 2006 Ram 2500 mega cab 5.9L with 200k on it and I'm running though some of the issues I've found so far.

So far, clean the bat terms and got the grid heater working again.
Found broken wire on wastegate solenoid, soldered it and got that working, no longer throwing codes.
Found rear right blinker and brake wires spliced (yes, not a short, spliced) together, causing all brake lights to flash when blinker is used, fix that.
some of these I've found the solution for here! Thanks

Now one I can't seem to find. Left blinker goes hyper (front and back, it's not a bulb problem) if brake is being pressed when blinker is turned on. If blinker is turned on with no brake, it is OK even if brake is applied while it is on. Also, the brakes light the top two lights on left rear lens and only the middle on the right as it should. The hazards and blinkers work fine by themselves.

Any thoughts on how the left rear turn light is coming on with the brakes? (the left front turn signal doesn't come on)

My major concern is that a cop might fink I have a brake light out on the right when in reality, I have an extra one lighting on the left...

Thanks,

Delorian

OP
OP
D

Delori

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I think I may have found the issue. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can anyone confirm rear blinkers and brakes come off of the C6 connector on the TIPM and which pins?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963