2006 Ram 545rfe issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toolhead81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So about a month my wife was driving my truck (2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 4x4). So she calls while I’m on the road (truck driver) an says it’s not changing gears and want go up the hill that is our driveway. I tell her try dropping down in low and it works. I have her check the codes it got p0700, p0750. So end up letting it sit for awhile until I can get to it. Most of what I found out the codes point to the solenoid. I got one at a pull a part just to try before spending 269 on a new one. So I dropped the pan, and valve body. Put on solenoid and changed filters. New fluid in started it up. Now it won’t move like it’s slipping. And I’ve got new codes p0700, p0731, and p0876. Any ideas on what to do now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCA Master

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So about a month my wife was driving my truck (2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 4x4). So she calls while I’m on the road (truck driver) an says it’s not changing gears and want go up the hill that is our driveway. I tell her try dropping down in low and it works. I have her check the codes it got p0700, p0750. So end up letting it sit for awhile until I can get to it. Most of what I found out the codes point to the solenoid. I got one at a pull a part just to try before spending 269 on a new one. So I dropped the pan, and valve body. Put on solenoid and changed filters. New fluid in started it up. Now it won’t move like it’s slipping. And I’ve got new codes p0700, p0731, and p0876. Any ideas on what to do now?

Drop the pan, put an OEM solenoid pack on, and recheck your filters. The converter filter has plastic threads and can easily be messed up. The sump filter seal must be replaced and installed properly or the pump will suck air. hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

toolhead81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Drop the pan, put an OEM solenoid pack on, and recheck your filters. The converter filter has plastic threads and can easily be messed up. The sump filter seal must be replaced and installed properly or the pump will suck air. hope this helps.

Thanks, I ordered mopar filters today. I will try again next weekend. And update afterwards.

OP
OP
T

toolhead81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I installed the mopar filters today and reused the fluid. Cranked it up and drove it around awhile, no codes showed up and it shifts fine. I think that solved the problem.

CFCPWN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, I ordered mopar filters today. I will try again next weekend. And update afterwards.

2006 Dodge Ram same problem same codes mode I replaced the solenoid pack with a new one. Changed all the filters including the original 2005 oil cooler filter that was supposed to be changed by the last 3 transmission oil changes.

Scratching my head on this one still, have the same PO700 and po750.

LR Solenoid control circuit. Even put in bypass wire still same issues

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

CFCPWN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2006 Dodge Ram same problem same codes mode I replaced the solenoid pack with a new one. Changed all the filters including the original 2005 oil cooler filter that was supposed to be changed by the last 3 transmission oil changes.

Scratching my head on this one still, have the same PO700 and po750.

LR Solenoid control circuit. Even put in bypass wire still same issues

And then somebody told me that you have to have it taken to a Dodge Ra dealer with a factory scan tool to calibrate your new solenoid pack?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And then somebody told me that you have to have it taken to a Dodge Ra dealer with a factory scan tool to calibrate your new solenoid pack?

"Quick learn", but that's normally if you replace the trans OR the TCM or PCM (depending on year). Reason for this is so the computer learns the CVI (Clutch Value Index) so it can shift it properly; the solenoids don't know anything about this, they just do what the computer tells them to do. A quick learn wouldn't hurt it, but isn't called for with a solenoid pack replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio