2007 1500 v6 towing questions!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavers87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6 standard
I have 2007 1500 v6 standard regular cab stock with 61,000 miles
I am a boiler maker i travel all over country to working turnarounds. I want to buy trailer to pull with my truck. Can i please get some opinions. I bought the truck originally to sace on gas because i drive so much ..not to pull so please do not be to harsh. I know my truck is not inteneded to be pulling much..

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of guys on here that has some really good knowledge on that stuff and will chime on here in a bit I would imagine...

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
What size trailer? What all in the trailer? How much weight do you think it'll be. The truck is still the truck. So the problem won't be the towing capacity necessarily. It'll be the power to get going. But, with all that said your towing capacity is 9100lbs.

Oh. And welcome to the forum! Post up in the Introduction section about yourself and your truck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chavers87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6 standard
Thanks guys..ok.here is the deal. Its 28ft tongue pull dry weight 5700 lbs. Not going to fill any storage tanks till i get where im going..doubt i put a thousand more pounds of weight. My concern is going up and down hills. If i buy this trailer in a feew weeks..depending on yalls opinions..my first trip will be from nacadgoches tx to carson city california..ha im scared i may not make it out of west tx! I have concerns about braking, truck sagging to bad..has no electric brakes

Last edited:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I would imagine even though its a smaller engine the suspension in the rear is pretty much the same. So you should be fine with the sagging. Now with not having the brakes. I'm not entirely too sure. But you definitely haven't surpassed your towing capacity with this setup, but don't be expecting to fly down the road. Like I said, power will be your main problem.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Welcome to the forum!
Any idea what your axle ratio is?
From what I can find your truck with 3.21 or 3.55 gears has a max trailer weight of 2,900 lbs and 3,450 lbs with 3.92 gear ratio

You could pull the trailer but your 3.7 isnt going to like your and the clutch in your getrag 238 trans wont be very happy either

The suspension is the same and a brake controler would be a good investment for almost anytrailer