2007 5.7 Hemi heads on 2008 5.7 Hemi engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad07RDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I blew my 07 hemi engine and had it swapped with an 08 engine (only one I could find around) I kept the heads and some other components from my 07 engine, I was thinking of porting and polishing the heads that I took off the 07 engine and getting them installed on my new engine. I wasn’t sure tho if the heads would be the same or not. Figured I would bring it upon this forum, maybe someone with good knowledge of the hemi engines could help me out. Wanting to cam the engine also. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The heads will be the exact same. Going with a cam is a great idea, especially with ported heads. But you’ll probably need a custom tune and upgrade the valve train to handle the extra lift. You can use the exhaust springs from a 6.1 Hemi to handle a cam up to .560 lift

I Bleed Ram Trucks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What he said, identical heads. You'll want better springs to go with that P&P, and if you can afford it go big valve.