2007 Dodge Ram 1500 rear end removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad07RDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I need to replace my “rear end” /differential, I found a complete rear end and I’m wondering how hard it is to remove old rear end and install the “new” rear end, I have my truck in my works shop, no access to a hoist but I can jack it off the ground.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I need to replace my “rear end” /differential, I found a complete rear end and I’m wondering how hard it is to remove old rear end and install the “new” rear end, I have my truck in my works shop, no access to a hoist but I can jack it off the ground.

Probs best to take it somewhere where they have the tools and knowledge to do it. Differentials can be very finicky, and I know I wouldn’t want to attempt it on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

Is it the same gear ratio on the new one? You’ll probably want that to match, or your driving experience will be different. You’ll either have 3.55 or 3.92. I haven’t messed with removing the rear end but if you are just swapping the entire axle unit, it should be a somewhat easy enough job of unbolting/bolting back up. The difficult part is if you are rebuilding the differential and gears

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
Brad07RDR

Brad07RDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m replacing the whole thing, I’m not messing around with the gears, and it’s the exact same rear ended as mine 3:92 gears.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I’m replacing the whole thing, I’m not messing around with the gears, and it’s the exact same rear ended as mine 3:92 gears.

Sounds like you’ll be good to go then

I Bleed Ram Trucks