2008 DODGE RAM 1500 infinity factory amp issue with aftermarket HU.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgeram2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Just got done installing a double did kenwood HU in the truck with a METRA CHTO-01 harness. Truck comes with an infinity sound system, problem is Im not getting power to the factory amp with the aftermarket deck, so therefore there is no sound. Check all my wire connections and they are good. Does anyone have any idea on what might be wrong? I did some research and there are some peeps out there saying it might be the Metra harness itself.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like your just having a issue with the amp turn on/power wire that turns the factory amp on. i would just splice the two together and see if that fixes the problem.

I have a DD kenwood DDX and had to do a few tweeks to get EVERYTHING to work like engine codes and amp and sensors etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dodgeram2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sounds like your just having a issue with the amp turn on/power wire that turns the factory amp on. i would just splice the two together and see if that fixes the problem.

I have a DD kenwood DDX and had to do a few tweeks to get EVERYTHING to work like engine codes and amp and sensors etc

I don't think there's a amp turn on wire in the truck as it uses can-bus, correct me if i am wrong?

Otherwise the only turn on wire i know is from the aftermarket deck itself.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this same harness on mine, had to download software if i remember correctly then it was plug and play (at least for the basic music/sound features) im not sure why its not working for yours..... hopefully someone else can chime in and figure it out
CAN-BUS is a PITA lol

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To adjust the overall volume of your audio system rotate the potentiometer, which is located on the
16-pin side of the interface clockwise.

Dont even recall this at all but just saw i looking at the manufactures install notes, maybe?