2008 RAM 3500 Radio/GPS Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koudthone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
Can anyone suggest a quality In-Dash Navigation/Radio/CD Player. I just purchased a used 2008 RAM 3500 SLT and want to upgrade with and GPS/NAV.

Thanks,

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd suggest you stick with Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer. Best units made out there IMHO and the NAV interfaces are pretty nice.

What head unit do you have now? There is a little 3 letter code somewhere in the faceplate of the unit.

114percy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I bought my 2018 Laramie with a sticker at $51600 it was a surprise that it did not have the GPS, when I asked the dealer what would it cost to program it for GPS I was told it would cost $550, that seems way too much for just programming it. Has any one found a cheaper way to get it programmed.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When I bought my 2018 Laramie with a sticker at $51600 it was a surprise that it did not have the GPS, when I asked the dealer what would it cost to program it for GPS I was told it would cost $550, that seems way too much for just programming it. Has any one found a cheaper way to get it programmed.
your in the wrong generation forum for a 2018.
To answer your question, you should have taken the dealer up on his offer. Beings yours is a 2018 and I'm guessing you have the 8.4 radio, and without built in navigation it's the UAS version. Navigation can't be added to this head unit, it will have to be replace with a UAQ version. You could buy the UAQ yourself and then sell the UAS to recover some of the money. The UAS/UAQ radios have Android Auto/Car Play, earlier version of the 8.4 didn't have this so it's a somewhat popular mod for the 14 and newer trucks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can anyone suggest a quality In-Dash Navigation/Radio/CD Player. I just purchased a used 2008 RAM 3500 SLT and want to upgrade with and GPS/NAV.

Thanks,

Depends on whether you want factory or not. There were good aftermarket options listed; factory option is a MyGig RER.